Deal. Breaker. Enough. It’s too much now

You have no idea how reassuring it is to no other people do not like Forbidden Journey! Are the other Harry Potter rides at UOR enjoyable for you? I cannot convince my daughters that we should go because they hated Forbidden Journey so much and think it’s all going to be like that.

1 Like

Yes! Gringotts was a blast, Flight of the Hippogriff was short but enjoyable, Hogwarts Express is one of the most magical attractions ever, and the Dueling Dragons would have been great if I hadn’t been just gotten off Forbidden Journey (the queue was aMAZing by the way). I haven’t been on Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure (which replaced DD), but I’m sure I will love it - seems like a very mild (as far as head jerking or nausea inducing) but super thrilling roller coaster.

2 Likes

FJ is the worst ride in any theme park anywhere in the world. I wouldn’t make my worse enemy (=@ryan1) ride it because it’s so awful and I’m just not that mean.

Hagrids is awesome, but I wouldn’t describe it as mild. There are multiple launches — i.e. you are lurched forward with high acceleration a number times. That can be quite challenging to the digestive area. But it’s so worth it.

4 Likes

So funny because it’s my kids’ favorite. DD9 made us ride it 10 times in one day when we took them two years ago. :rofl:

1 Like

Your kids are bad people. They have been poorly raised. They don’t know what they’re talking about. They need beating with a stick.

2 Likes

Of course, as your worst enemy, just to spite you, I’m certain to ride it each and every time we go. Sometimes more than once.

(Having said that, I enjoy the first half of the ride. I put up with the second half.)

1 Like

I like FJ, but 3 times in a row is my max. I don’t get sick, but my brain starts to feel scrambled.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it use some kind of spray / aerosol to disperse the scents through the “room”?

I presume so…but I don’t see why that would have any impact on COVID spread in general. In fact, the spray/aerosol might actually be a bit protective, as I see it. But I’m sure there’s something I’m missing.

For example, perhaps as a protective measure, Disney has installed/activated a modified ventilation system in the room that “sucks out” the air more quickly than before as a precautionary measure. If so, then scents would end up being ineffectual, as they couldn’t control them as effectively. I don’t know.

it’s probably “theater” really. People would freak thinking they’re getting droplets sprayed on them. No matter how safe it is.

4 Likes

That’s likely true!

1 Like

Any air borne transmission uses the aerosol process, droplets being projected around. Same reason all those choir members got sick, same reason musical theatre productions won’t be back for a year.

Despite everyone wearing masks, in a poorly or even non-ventilated room, there’s a problem. And with air conditioning it’ll be spread even faster.

1 Like

Unless the scents that are aerosolized are contaminated with COVID, I don’t see this as an issue at all. And, as has been found in cases where there is higher humidity or rain, it might cause COVID that might be in the air to drop faster to the floor.

If the issue is air-conditioning spread, then the risk doesn’t change with or without scents.

1 Like

3 times in a row is my limit too. I can get back on after a while though.

And I agree with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building, mild is definitely not how I’d describe Hagrid’s.

I love it, it was my favourite till Hagrid’s came along.

Well if someone sneezes, coughs or what have you and is not wearing a mask (or even if they are) then the aerosol will help spread their droplets around the room more effectively than if the aerosol isn’t used.

Hm. I don’t think that’s true.

But ultimately, it matters little. Of course, the only scent I really miss on Soarin’ is from the orange groves in the Over California version. I barely even noticed the scents from Around the World.

Same. Like, there’s a grass smell and… maybe something floral and “seabreeze” but neither is really strongly connected to amazement in my mind.

It’s fun! DH couldn’t ride it more than a couple times tho. He really struggles with motion sickness these days. Such a bummer.

We haven’t been since Hagrid’s opened. Can’t wait to try it!

Well, your last sentence is for sure true. They’ve been stuck at home with me for 4+ months.

1 Like