Dates, Pricing Revealed for Disney After Hours “BOO BASH” at Magic Kingdom

Thanks for you thoughts!

I do like the cavalades, better in some respects. And yes, more ppl are lining up for these pop-ups.

We have done two different After Hours events at MK (a “regular” one in 2018 and a villians themed one in 2019) and both had very low crowd levels. Empty walkways and walked onto every ride except SDMT which was about a 10 minute wait.

I would do it again in a second if they were actually holding the event during my 5 days there in October!!

3 Likes

the last Halloween Party we did was Sept 2018 and SDMT was a 70 min wait. Nope, never paying extra for that shit again!!!

2 Likes

But that’s the thing, it isn’t a party it is an After Hours event…different numbers of tickets sold so lower attendance at the After Hours events.

2 Likes

I could try to scroll through pics from 2018 & 2019 Halloween events - especially after they did the “unlimited” visits for $200 in 2019. It was crazy packed!

I prefer EMM myself. (Although I do love DAH in AK - it’s not as popular. You really can have low crowds / walk-on rides)

1 Like

We did an after hour event at AK, Jan 2020, and it was fabulous… eerily quiet even. It was a bit too dark (bright) hard to see, but there were times we didn’t see anyone else.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why there’s nothing on the 28th. They’ve basically said nothing will start until the 1st, so has there been rumors of something happening?

I mean, I get why 10/1 won’t have anything as I expect those hours to go past midnight, so the opportunity won’t be there, but 9/28 wouldn’t be the same restriction, I would think. So why no Bash?

I’m also going to be curious whether this will qualify as more a Party or a DAH in terms of crowd level. The usual “off putting” restrictions of the DAHs may not make a difference this time.

3 Likes

I’m wondering how fast these will sell out. I am tentatively scheduled for a work trip 8/30 to 9/3. It will be the 4th time they will be trying to make this happen. We previously were supposed to stay at CSR but have yet to have my reservation info which means I will not be able to purchase until the 15th. Yes it’s a lot of money but would work perfectly for me seeing I will be in meetings during the day and this would allow me to do this one night. Ugh the anticipation is killing me!

1 Like

I dug through my links / research for wait times for 2019 MNSSHP… Here’s a wait chart…

1 Like

$170-$200 for 3 hours? No thanks. Would rather spend that on dining or some shopping. When I went 3 years ago is was like $120 for 5-6 hours.:confounded:

4 Likes

Curious, how much was WDW charging for that event?

Those prices are bananas. I guess this will be a test of “how high can we go?” I can’t imagine paying that for a whole family.

2 Likes

For AP holders, I think it was $100 and change.

For regular folk… I want to say 125?

1 Like

But you cannot possibly be surprised

Never mind. Thought it was a different 28th you were talking about.

Maybe do your genie thing??

1 Like

2 Likes

ohhhhh.

Yeah, no. it’s too expensive to be in Disney that close to Halloween. And crowded.

1 Like

Did we all just get the email with the phone number to book beginning June 8th? I did and we’re staying at CBR.

Yes and no. I was expecting more of a hybrid in pricing between DAH and MNSSHP. That they went straight to the DAH pricing surprised me. I’m not shocked at all that there was no reduction in price, if you get my drift. I would have pegged it at $100, more than MNSSHP, but slightly less than DAH. Add to that the steep increase for October dates, and i’m wondering if this is the end of the holiday parties as we know them.

In all honesty, i’ll probably go, lol. I didn’t plan an MK day into my trip thinking id hit this on my arrival day. I just like to complain sometimes, lol. And Disney knows many of us will complain but still go.

4 Likes

Actually, i just realized i’m out bc the dates are the day before i arrive and the day i leave. :frowning: And i dont know if i can change me stay because its a TA rate and they are not as flexible. Plus id have to change airfare. Now i’m mad for even thinking about it.

2 Likes