Data-Driven Table Service Recommendations

Tomorrow we’ll be posting my restaurant correlations for table service locations. I’ll be sharing “Eat This, Not That” for the 12 table service spots with the most active reservation requests (as of Wednesday when I pulled them). For our fun today, let’s start with the places you think might make it on that list.

5 Likes

12 restaurants that will make the list:
Topolino’s Terrace
Boathouse
California Grill
Teppan Edo
BOG
Homecomin’
Sanaa

Well, these are the restaurants that seem to come up in discussion a lot. BOG may not be for good reasons, but it comes up a lot.

3 Likes

Ooh, all but two of those are on the list!

2 Likes

Boathouse and Homecomin’?

Boathouse and Teppan Edo didn’t make the top 12

2 Likes

So are we really just talking about the hardest reservations to get instead of the best places to eat?

If that is the case I will throw out a few more to add to @bay_loftis list

Beaches n cream
Cinderella Royal Table
Sci fi Diner

3 Likes

Oga’s?
Narcoossee’s?

I think ‘Ohana and is it too early for Oga’s?

Would guess there’s high correlation between BOG and CRT, and also CG and Top.

Where in Epcot has the best view of the fireworks? La Hacienda and Rose & Crown?

For me, the worst places to get reservations have been Sci Fi and TRex. I’ve found it easier to get BOG than TRex!

Since it’s active requests, it’s not just hardest to get, but also those that certain times are highly desirable, right? That’s what got me thinking about fireworks at Epcot.

2 Likes

All 3 of these are on the list. Nicely done!

1 Like

Ohana is there. Oga’s technically doesn’t qualify as table service (I think we call it a bar), but it does have the most overall reservation requests.

4 Likes

Tiffins?

Nope. Not Rose & Crown either. Most of them have been guessed I think …

Here is the list of top 12 (in order):
Sci-Fi
Topolino’s
Beaches & Cream
‘Ohana
Chef Mickey’s
Be Our Guest
Cinderella’s Royal Table
50’s Prime Time
California Grill
Yak & Yeti
Homecomin’
Sanaa

6 Likes

Now you can take your pick and guess some correlations!

1 Like

I guessing all the character meals are correlated.

Food is so subjective, I don’t think any of these lists are useful personally. Food is so subjective, and lists like these can never account for allergies, etc. (By most people’s standards, those of us gluten-free are doing LTT “wrong” because we can’t have the dessert.)

If you look at any “Best” Restaurant list on forums, you’ll inevitably find every single place. Ditto for “Worst”. And ditto for foods.

I just don’t see how something that is as subjective as food can ever be “data driven”.