Data-Driven Table Service Recommendations

Oh, I find it fascinating. I don’t always agree with the restaurants that are ranked highly, but I don’t think this particular exercise is about that. It’s about the correlated restaurants. “If you like Sanaa, you might also like _____,” and in that instance, data is very useful.

1 Like

All opinions are welcome here :slight_smile:
But I agree that I don’t find “best” and “worst” lists personally useful. Thus the personalization in this analysis. I don’t care about overall best. But I do care about what other Sanaa fans also like.

6 Likes

Chef Mickey’s positively correlates to 5 restaurants. Only two of them would I even call possibly potential-character meals.

3 Likes

Looking forward to the “Eat This Not That” post!

2 Likes

Why is this so much harder to think about than the counter service version? I think those correlations were easier.

CRT - 1900 Park Fare, Akershus. I’m guessing a strong princess connection
Sanaa - Boma, Skipper Canteen

Here’s the post!

6 Likes

Some of these results are bizarre!

1 Like

I think this is why I had trouble. QS has people sort of going with what they know, but TS seems to be more open. I think people see what is well reviewed instead of just going with what is familiar.

ETA: I have nothing to back this up, just a gut feeling from what I saw.

1 Like

Thanks for doing all these. They have been super interesting to read through!

2 Likes

I’ve been to 6 of the 12 and 3 of them more than once but would only return to two of those three. Of the 6 I’ve not been to it’s b/c of difficulty of getting a reservation.

I’m going July 27. I was able to get from that list of 12 everything I wanted- 60 days out- Sci Fi, Topolinos, Chef Mickeys, BOG, and even Ogas, though I cancelled that one since I’m not really a SW fan, and thought why not give it to someone who would actually appreciate being there.

The one I can’t seem to snag for the life of me is Beaches and Cream- I think maybe because I wanted to go there on arrival day, whereas the other ones technically were 60+ days out. I used the TP reservation finder so maybe that will help. But if not it’s ok!