DAS Pre-arrival Request System is Live

Yes, ILL$ rides are excluded from the Advance Passes.

And I have seen a few posts where people have the misconception that getting Advance Passes stop you getting Return Times on the day. I can only think one blog post somewhere reported that info at some point.

1 Like

This is us, except we haven’t used DAS, partly because I wasn’t sure if DS’s endurance would be enhanced waiting elsewhere. What do you do for a break from the sensory input that made a real difference, if you don’t mind my asking?

2 Likes

That’s good to know! I wondered about that too. We will be using DAS in DLR with my niece and her family. I know it may not work quite the same way there.

I have a question about multiple kids who all qualify for DAS. This is not about the pre-selections but just normal day of selections. My niece has 5 kids ranging from 4 to 8. Four of them have ASD and the fifth has Tourette’s with multiple comorbidities. All will qualify for DAS. Is it possible to make a selection for the older boys for Space Mountain (as an example) with one adult, and another selection for the three younger kids at a different attraction? So the family would have two selections at the same time, but each member would only have one selection.

You’re not!

4 Likes

This is so true! My niece is very experienced with DLR but knew nothing about the program. They haven’t been since January 2019, and the kids issues presented very differently at that time so maybe they didn’t need it. But I feel like DAS will be life-changing for their Disney loving family!

1 Like

So, what I’m reading from those who have completed this process already is that while ILL selections are not on the Advance DAS list, you can get return times for the day of if they have a standby line. So, if Remy is only virtual or ILL, you cannot get a return for it. But Rise, with a standby wait, you can. This makes me happy, I was really worried about some attractions being left off the Advance selections list.

Also, someone else who just set up their selections said that the CM they spoke with told them that the Advance DAS selections are not 30 days + resort stay like ADRs are or like Fastpasses used to be. If you try to set up your advance selections at 30 days, you won’t be able to do it for the whole trip. So, don’t waste your time calling too early. It’ll probably be better to wait until you’re 30 days out from your last park day so you can do it all at once.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Do you work for TP? You’re always at the ready with an on topic article from them :face_with_monocle::partying_face:

3 Likes

HA! I love sharing articles, I check the FeedBurner often :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, I just shared this with my local special needs FB group. Questions about WDW pop up all the time there!

I will be looking out for the next article to add to my post!

3 Likes

Well good job, I appreciate it! This one is so timely w/ the new Genie+ Starting soon.

1 Like

We try to do at least one TS every day and ds carries headphones that help a ton. When he was younger they were plain, noise-reducing ones …now he uses music ones to play something else that he wants to hear. Once he was older (his last trip he was 12yo) we let him play on his phone while waiting. It let him block some of the stimuli out and relax a bit.

Ds doesn’t do any thrill-type rides so that helps some to avoid some of the overstimulation, but sometimes it does creep up on him. At that point I call an audible and we will rework the plan. During his last trip in July of 2018 we hit mid-day at DHS and he was done. I walked up to 50sPTC and was able to reschedule our dinner for lunch and then I took him back to the resort to float in the pool for a while. We left his older sister at DHS who went on to ride RNRC/TOT multiple times, then watch the Star Wars fireworks and Fantasmic! without us (I may have been a tiny bit jealous).

Knowing our kiddos and “listening” to them (even when they don’t say it w/ words) is really the most important thing. Be flexible, listen to your kiddo, and don’t push too much (I find I have to push a teeny bit otherwise ds would never leave our house!).

6 Likes

You can do this but each child needs a seperate DAS so that you have the flexibility.

1 Like

Thank you. I think that’s how my niece is going to set it up.

1 Like

I think it’s technically ILL - Individual Lightning Lanes.

1 Like

In the TA webinar, they are calling them Individual Attraction Selections.

Ugh. Use a different acronym to not confuse people!

The lack of consistency in terms may make my head explode.

Not surprising. For 7 weeks Disney referred to it as Individual Attraction Selection. But just last week with the start date announcement, they changed it to Individual Lightning Lane Selection. Some people may not have even realized the wording change.

2 Likes

That’s just because they don’t want us calling something ill. But it is sick so I’m going with that lol!

1 Like