DAS Pre-arrival Request System is Live

Got it for you.

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

Since I posted in my group, five people have shared that they are visiting WDW soon … anywhere from this coming Monday through January!

Lots of good questions and people wanting more info.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Has anyone ever gotten the red tag for a stroller so it can be treated as a wheelchair? Is it relatively easy to get?

I do it.
My DS has a medical stroller/wheelchair hybrid that looks like a stroller at first glance. After a couple of run ins with CMs that wanted is to park it, I just started getting the red tag. It is super easy.

1 Like

That’s great to know - thanks!

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the number of people that can be linked to the person holding the DAS designation?

Someone in my local special needs group will be traveling with a group of 12 people. She said that they are all already linked in MDE. She also expects that some of the older cousins will go off on their own for portions of their visit, but there will be times that they are all together.

According to this site, it’s six people. I haven’t confirmed from any official site.

How many people can I have attached to my DAS?

You can have up to 6 people added to your account. That includes the person needing the DAS plus 5 more. If you have more than that in your party, speak with Guest Relations. They may be able to accommodate you. This usually requires a supervisor to get involved. If you have more than 6 people attached to your DAS, be aware that some attractions won’t be able to accommodate that larger number.

Everyone in your party will need to be present when you get your DAS so they can be put in the system as a part of your party. This will enable them to join you on the rides and attractions. If someone joins you later, you’ll need to take them to Guest Relations to be added to your DAS.

2 Likes

Thanks!!

I thought I had read that somewhere!

1 Like
1 Like

I get it every time we go, once I mentioned my daughters medical condition they were actually the ones who actually suggested it. It’s a gamechanger for sure!

1 Like

We had 8 people linked to ours, no issues at all!

Yes. This was us, too. It took me learning the hard way that my Autistic kiddo DOES need it. Going to guest services in tears (me and my kid) was difficult but also so relieving that there are accommodations for families and individuals with invisible disabilities. It completely changed our experience for the better and keeps us coming back b/c we know that was can do it.

In terms of getting a break from the overload—we’ve still carried a double stroller even with kids ages 6, 7, and 9 (my 6 yo is very small for his age) but its a lifesaver to pull down the shade and let them have device time to get a break from the overload. I know older kids don’t have that convenience but it sure was helpful to have on hand when needed. We could get snacks, park the stroller and just let them sit. Worked wonders for mine. We also make more ADRs b/c of the break it provides. Lots of pool time. We have never gone rope drop to close before. We go less frequently and save for longer trips so we have more days to get in what we want to do. Managed expectations and lots of prep on my end makes it work.

I just wanted to share what’s worked for us in case it helps others. DAS is a lifesaver!!

3 Likes
6 Likes

Does anyone have experience using both DAS and Genie+? When we went this past November, it rained almost every day and the crowds were low so we didn’t need Genie+. Our next trip is the last week in May, so we’re expecting larger crowds and think we might need it.

Also, for anyone on the fence who qualifies for DAS, please do not hesitate to get one. Without it, I would have never been able to experience many of the attractions I did because my illness has me in bed by 3pm or so.

1 Like

We often use them both for MK and HS. I use the DAS for the more popular rides (like 7DMT, Jungle Cruise, ROTR, SDD) and Genie for the leas popular ones that typically have shorter waits.

1 Like

Thank you!

FWIW, when I just re-registered for DAS, they told me they are no longer approving DAS for mobility-only issues

1 Like

It’s been this way for a long time at DLR. It has been a point of frustration for some but on balance I think it makes sense if there is alternative accommodations for mobility.

1 Like

Yes, it’s been that way for a while since people with mobility issues can use wheelchairs, ECVs, etc.

2 Likes

I’m the same with @FindMeAFishingSpot . With DAS, using G+ at Epcot and AK is almost meaningless. The “good” rides are hiding under ILL, and you can always just book lunch though a long DAS period

For MK and HS. I was able to piggyback a G+ time and a DAS return time for two rides in close proximity almost all day. So wait times were fairly small. That was time to go shop or look for a snack or another ride with a very short wait.

1 Like