Daddy daughter trip 2/24-3/1

Just arrived. DME is earily empty. Looks like it’s gonna be a wait.

15 Likes

But we got the room ready text. Asked for ground floor 50’s, got 4th floor 70’s

5 Likes

OMGeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I have the softest spot in my already mushball of a heart for Daddy-daughter things. I was just wishing the other day that I’d found Disney before I lost my own Dad.

Have the very best time and do post minute by minute!

10 Likes

Sounds like a fun trip! Can’t wait to see more. Hopefully the wait for DME isn’t too long.

2 Likes

Have a fantastic time! Just two of you? How old is DD?

2 Likes

I should add this Daddy/Daughter trip is with DD31. Last Feb I took DD15. Oldest daughter going through a tough stretch. Lost her job due to Covid, recently divorced, been home schooling my granddaughter since Sept and just needed a break. 1 park day and a bunch of relaxing by the pool and as many ADR’s we can do.

43 Likes

Have a great time!!!

3 Likes

You’re an awesome dad! Have a great trip!

3 Likes

You guys are too cute

And what an awesome thing, to have this trip with you, to lift her spirits.

6 Likes

So sweet! Have a fabulous time.

2 Likes

Wasn’t long at all. About 75 minutes from arrival to resort. We actually hopped off DME @ AoA as it was stop #1 and only one other party got off and our building is just over the skyliner walkway. I’ve already taken a shower, changed, had groceries sent up and put them away. DD is showering now and then we are headed to DS for some EoS and Amorettes, with extras to take back so we can eat by the pool tonight.

7 Likes

And awww, thanks for all the kind replies guys. She needed this. And I’m not gonna lie… Who am I to deprive her of some happiness? I get to come to the most magical place in the world. We are here til Monday with a park day on Saturday. Weather is gorgeous. Pop tonight, AoA tomorrow (short walk over the bridge) then 3 nights at CSR

15 Likes

Just want to say that your no-park (or very little) trips have inspired me. My DD18 and I are going to Orlando in April. We’ll spend a few days near UOR for Harry Potter and then move over to WDW. If Remy is open, we’ll do a day at Epcot, but otherwise no parks and lots of fun meals, pool time, and relaxation instead.

7 Likes

This is great! Hope it’s a great trip!

3 Likes

What a wonderful gift… SO thoughful! :two_hearts: I started taking kids on trips and love them, best memories. Have all the fun!

4 Likes

This is Us!!! Maskless. If you see us say HI. Headed to DS

35 Likes

When my kids are grown up I’m going to spend all my time taking them to WDW one by one throughout the year. Then grandkids. :joy:

16 Likes

this is all sorts of sweet. have a great time!

3 Likes

Good plan. Definitely a good plan.

2 Likes

Aww I have tears in my eyes! I wish my parents would join me in WDW. Hope y’all have the best time ever!

4 Likes