D23 Updates

Main Street Theater Concept Art:

5 Likes

Slinky Dog Station Concept Art:

4 Likes

Space Restaurant Concept Art"

4 Likes

Thank you so much for putting all these announcements in one place. I think the one thing I feel anxious about is the theatre on Main Street. Wish we knew more about where this will fit.

Some are saying that it might be located on what is now the bypass on the TL side.

Dear Disney, here is a check for all of my money. All. Of. It. Thank you.

Thank you for compiling all of this! So many things to be excited about, Iā€™m not even sure where to start. Aside from saving up for DVC.

4 Likes

@bswan26. You are awesome for doing this. So much to digest. Thank you

Oh no! I was looking forward to seeing this! :frowning:
I didnā€™t realise the updates they were announcing were going to start taking place so soon!

Yeah, wish they would have kept it open until Toy Story Land opens next summer. So much has already closed at HS, that park in no way resembles the park it used to be. :cry:

2 Likes

We were already debating doing a half day there and I think the closure of GMR before our trip confirmed it. Probably not the best of ideas but I get it, they have to get the ball rolling to have all of this stuff done before 2021. I donā€™t know if maybe Iā€™m imagining things but I feel like I picked up on Bob implying that GotG MAY not be done in time for the 2021 date.

2 Likes

The DVC resort is Riviera themed, concept art suggests 10 to 12 stories, with viewing of both Epcot and DHS night-time shows.

It is the new building at CBR (next to Aruba and the other blocks near) with a gondola station next to it. It will be a separate resort from CBR, no ā€œmoderate DVCā€ that was being discussed.

Sight lines will be between Germany and the expansion pad rumoured for Brazil. Brazil was not confirmed, apparently moved from the presentation, but not due to doubts about the plans just timing. Viewable from Epcot, but assumed when Brazil is built it will ā€œblendā€ (in the same way TOT does with Morocco).

2 Likes

Thanks again @bswan26! All of that concept art is impressive. I am kind of excited for the new restaurant. We are sci-fi geeks and we will probably really enjoy those changes.

Thanks for posting. Exciting news!

Consider my mind blown. Thanks @bswan26 for consolidating all this.

Now hereā€™s the real question: how long will all this take to build? Will all this be ready by the 50th? Iā€™m not familiar with the speed of a Disney attraction going from concept to debut. I also know building a single ride is certainly faster than a whole ā€œland,ā€ but pandora, star wars, and toy story lands have been in development for YEARS and with THIS MUCH coming, it seems like just as big an undertaking. Is this more of a 10 year plan? Or am I completely off base and we can realistically see a lot of this come to fruition in a year or two?

I am truly saddened to see the GMR go away. That seriously kicked off my love of classic movies and while Iā€™m sure the new ride will be fun, Iā€™m going to miss GMR even though I only ever rode it twice.

I have the same questions. However, Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s why theyā€™re starting now.

My understanding is that most (if not all) are heading for the big 50. I, too, am saddened by the end of GMR, but I think the tech for the Mickey ride will definitely be a step into the future. Although Iā€™ve been on the ride at least 6 times in the past year, Iā€™m so happy that they are allowing us with summer blackout to visit one more time before closing.

Here is the concept art for the new Riviera Resort

Although being built on a site that used to be part of CBR, this will be a separate, stand-alone DVC resort with 300 rooms.Presumably it will have itā€™s own pool, dining, shopping, etc. I noticed on the map of the gondola route that was shown during the presentation, the stop was labeled ā€œRiviera Resortā€; Iā€™m hoping that this does not imply ā€œexclusive toā€ the Riviera, and that people staying at CBR will have access to itā€¦

All I can say is Wow! Thank you so much for compiling all this info for us @bswan26- youā€™re amazing! Thereā€™s so much to look forward to and Iā€™m sure it will take YEARS! So for me I have many more reasons for future trips. Oh my husband will be so thrilled. :smirk:

Thanks so much for starting this thread with everything in one place! I was clicking on so many links last night to read about everything! Wow!

I think pretty much everything that was announced should be finished in the 2019-2020 time frame (and some other rumored stuff that wasnā€™t officially announced). EP has a bigger ā€œmaster planā€ that will take longer, but the goal is for its 40th.

3 Likes