D23 Updates

thanks!!

Sounds - unusual. Guess I’ll have to get around to watching the first one…

3 Likes

Is this real?! Sounds like someone was having a really weird dream.

1 Like

I think it reporting from D23. This site is usually reputable and not satire.

1 Like

Definitely real. Here is a picture of most of the original voice actors who played the princesses.

Belle, Pocahontas, Rapunzel, Moana, Vanellope, Anna, Merida, Tiana, Jasmine, Ariel. Mign-na (Mulan) and Idina Mendez (Elsa) will also be doing the movie, but were unavailable for this event. It’s confirmed that Snow White, Cinderella, and Aurora will also be in the movie, but as the original voice actors have passed away, new actors will be cast as the time gets closer.

9 Likes

The live action movie panel is currently underway, so there should be some interesting Star Wars news coming soon. The Parks panel begins at 3:00 PM Pacific time, so there probably won’t be any WDW news until later this evening.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve seen it on several sites on FB now.

Form the “Studios” panel - a timeline of live action and animated films scheduled for release through 2019

6 Likes

Brian you are so awesome. Thanks for putting all of this together in one place!

3 Likes

I don’t know if you guys watched any of the presentation but I was SO amazed at how much info we saw today. Still no nighttime parade but good stuff nonetheless

1 Like

So many announcements coming out now that I’m overwhelmed and can’t decide which I’m most excited about!

1 Like

I watched in online and it was so exciting! I am most excited for the changes to Epcot (GOTG! Ratatouille ride! New restaurant! Gondolas from CBR, AOA/POP!) and also that Paint the Night is returning next year (to California Adventure).

2 Likes

Star Wars resort!

Boo to GMR closing. Last day is 13th August. Same for Ellen. Both according to Disney Parks Blog, so official.

I am a bit sad for GMR to be closed, especially for a ride based on cartoons. I would have liked a ride through Disney movies, but cartoons, meh. Glad I rode it in January and April.

I just watched the whole Parks and Resorts panel on a live stream Here is a summary of everything confirmed, more or less in the order it was presented:

They showed some additional concept art for SWL, but not much more than we’ve already seen. Anaheim Star Wars Land will open first, but no specific dates other than “2019” were given.

Mickey’s and Minnie’s Runaway Railway coming to Hollywood Studios (assumed to be replacing GMR). It will be a state-of-the-art attraction, with a new theme song designed for the attraction. It will be a ride through a cartoon short! And more hidden Mickey’s than anywhere else. Sadly, it looks all to be based on the current Mickey short artwork vice the classic. I am seriously disappointed.

EPCOT:

“We will be true to original vision, while more timeless, more relevant, family, and Disney”. I wonder how “relevant” and “timeless” can coexist.

Ratatouille Attraction in France Pavilion! Based on the one at DLRP. It will be in a “whole new area” behind the Eiffel Tower, so I’m reading this ad it will not be taking out Impressions.

New film for China Pavilion! Digital, “seamless” CircleVision confirmed! They did not specify a Mulan tie-in. I hope not, but I fear it is inevitable.

There will be a major redevelopment of FW. They showed a very impressive piece of “Blue Sky” concept art; hopefully it will be posted somewhere soon.

GOTG will be added to FW. The didn’t specifically say where, but the concept art showed an only slightly modified UoE building. Very thin on details other than “Fans will be given a sense of wow”.

Mission Space to get a new mission, but oddly it sounds like only the Green version will get it; the orange will remain the same. Maybe I misunderstood; will have to get into some of the discussion forums.

New TS Restaurant coming next to Mission Space; it looks like every window will be a screen giving the impression that you are in a space station.

Magic Kingdom:

The big one here is the TRON Coaster from SHDL is coming to TL. It will be built on previously undeveloped land next to SM, so it looks like the Speedway got a pardon.

A “surprise” announcement is that a large, Broadway-style theater (think DCA Hyperion) is coming to MS. There had been rumors of a theater coming to FrL, but the MS location took everybody by surprise. No word on what will open there (nor when it will open).

Resorts

The rumored Star Wars Deluxe boutique resort is confirmed; it will be innovative and will be immersive! It will be small, exclusive, and expensive (previous “unconfirmed” discussions indicated that it would be booked only as a 3-day/2-night package, for around $1000/person)

Disney’s Rivera DVC Resort coming as well. I think that this is the new construction at CBR, although they didn’t specify.

Point to Point Transportation (built on the model of Uber) coming to WDW. It will be called the Minnie-Van service; the ehicles will be bright red with white spots.

The Disney SkyLiner (gondola) system was confirmed. No difference in route from what was previously discussed. Judging from a piece of concept art, it looks like the gondolas will seat around 6-8 people each, and will be relatively close together. In all. it looked more like the old skyway than a ski resort gondola.

Some additional PIXAR Stuff (John Lassiter was there)

Toy Story Land - Opening “Summer 2018” at DHS. Sadly, no specific date yet. There was a brief video shot on the ground inside the TSL construction site that gave a tantalizing view of some of the Slinky coaster track, and a piece of concept art showing the station area that I had never seen before; looks pretty cool.

Lot’s of PIXAR doings at DLR. There will be a PIXAR parade coming to MK (Paint the Night will open in DCA), Paradise Pier will become PIXAR Pier, and Carsland will have a complete Halloween overlay.

There was no indication that anything Marvel was in store for WDW. They did mention that The Avengers and Spiderman would be coming to DCA, but no details.

DCL will be getting THREE new ships (vice the two previously announced), and the Dream will be getting a new, state of the art, BatB show, opening in Oct.

And that about sums it up. Oh yeah, and lots of “filler” videos that looked like extended WDW and DLR commercials. All in all, a pretty dull 90 minute presentation, with fewer announcements than I was hoping for.

4 Likes

Yes, confirmed on Disney Parks Blog. GMR closes in August.

Replacing Ellen’s 45 minute nap adventure, also closes in August. Confirmed on Disney Parks Blog.

Lots of new things to look forward to! Pretty sure Disney will continue to take all of my money for many years to come! Thanks for posting everything.

3 Likes

Concept art for Tron in TL

3 Likes

GotG ride Concept Art:

3 Likes

Star Wars Resort Concept Art:

Those beds don’t look too comfy…

3 Likes

Gondola Concept Art:

3 Likes