Cute Disney Outfits for boys?

Taking my two sons (2 and 4) to WDW for their first trip in January. I’ve seen such adorable (and comfortable-looking) Disney character dresses for girls, but I’m having a hard time thinking of cute outfits for my little guys. What do your boys wear to the parks?
(Btw, I think this is the only trip they will take where I have any control over what they’re wearing. We’re not likely to return for a few years!)

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

With 2 boys, I’d say go with anything you can find in both their sizes. Matching outfits always look good! Mine usually just wear some type of Disney t-shirt that we found a deal on for both of them.

2 Likes

Clothes. Normal boy clothes.

1 Like

Definitely will bring those! My older son especially loves dressing up, so I’m wondering if anyone has any costume-like options that are actually wearable.

1 Like

If ur on instagram, follow hashtags such as disneybounding and disneyboys. Ull get lots of cute ideas.

4 Likes

Do Hook and Smee (probably easier outfits to find even if it is more piecing together regular clothes than a costume) and get yourself some Tinkerbell ears and a “faith trust pixie dust” shirt on Etsy for your MK day!

Boys costumes (if you have to go that route) might in some ways be easier because the materials are more like regular fabric than whatever they make the princess gowns out of.

Monsters Inc. and Star Wars seem to be good and comfy options for HS theme. They have Cars shirts for boys where it is the face of the car, but putting it in 2D makes it look not as much like Lightning McQueen as you might want.

AK safari outfits with vests (you can find on amazon) and a Simba “working on my roar” shirt?

3 Likes

littledressupshop has some pirate costumes. I like buying costumes there, because everything’s washable and wearable. Unlike cheap Halloween costumes where the insides are all itchy.

Good luck!

2 Likes

So, ive been thinking, for AK, maybe lion and tiger. Epcot fish/ shark themed or WORLDLY theme, HS, buzz and woody, MK, pirates, peter pan and hook, goofy n pluto, little mickeys. Modified sweatshirts would be the best. Im not the craftiest but double stick fabric tape is fabulous! Little face paint (get pics in early n brings wipes, face paint rarely lasts the day!)

1 Like

I did a female pirate (could apply here) for my DD. Got a black skirt (could be pants), painted white striped and “shark bite” cut the edges. White long sleeve shirt, black vest but fabric glues patches randomly, not many, maybe 3. Cut the top “button up” area of the shirt to give it a worn looks, cut the cuffs off the sleeves. Was awesome.

1 Like

Thanks for all the great ideas! I appreciate the inspiration!

In not sure if this link will work but I have a Pinterest board with ideas I’ll never get to use (sob! They grew up too fast).

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

Just go to etsy and search disney boy, and filter to clothing

1 Like

cant stop

1 Like

Buzz and Woody t-shirts; Mickey and Pluto (or Goofy or Donald) t-shirts; pirates; Sebastian and Flounder t-shirts…

2 Likes

JCP has a nice Disney section. My boys liked Cars and Pooh Bear and Monsters Inc when they were little.

1 Like

My son has done Disney T-shirt’s, and Disney theme clothes (think characters appliqués on pants and tshirts). He has done Pirates League twice and got pirate costumes there. Our last trip he had more costumes. He went as Prince Eric (jeans, white shirt, sash). This received dancing lessons from Ariel! Plus a kiss!
He had a Donald costume (white shorts, Donald’s sailer shirt). Donald was beside himself when he saw him.
A Kristoff costume (grey vest, and hat, with grey shorts because it was got!). Anna and Elsa loved him!
A Beast costume (from the ballroom theme). Gaston didn’t know what to say to him. It left him speechless.
He also wore a Peter Pan costume. Peter Pan loved it and Captain Hook tried to snub him!
If you are going to meet Princesses they love boys dressed as princes. My DS always gets more attention from the characters then my girls because fewer boys dress up. My girls get plenty, (the are usually dressed as coordinating characters) but especially at princess meals the characters have gushed over my son.
Most of these costumes have come from Etsy or things I pieced together. The Peter Pan was a Disney store Halloween costume from a previous year. At Animal Kingdom he always has safari print shorts and a T-shirt with a Mickey head from animal print fabric. Buzz and Woody shirts or costumes would be good for HS or anything Star Wars.

2 Likes

I WISH I had any control over what my DS4 wants to wear! Haha. Lucky for me he does like Mickey t-shirts! For his first visit I found a ton of cute Disney rompers (he was 11 months) but his younger brother has now outgrown them which is a bummer and I haven’t been able to find them again!

1 Like

When we went to the parks with younger kids, we were more concerned about “spotability” than anything else. So we would have them all wearing the same bright color T-shirts…and my wife would take the same T-shirt, cut it off and sew it into a dress for our daughter. This means we could easily see all the kids at a glance.

It is only after they have gotten older that we’ve done more with buying themed clothes.

3 Likes