Current same day FP drops

Here’s something I am thinking about doing. On our AK day, we have EE and Safari early, then FOP at 3:45 PM. We are planning on RD FOP anyway, since we’ve never been on it and it seems like something we’d want to do twice. Question is: once we come off the ride after RD, do I drop the 3:45 FOP FPP because I can get a closer one at the 11:01 drop? DO I DARE LIVE THIS CLOSE TO THE EDGE? I guess the question really is what are my chances of getting an FOP earlier than 3:45 at the 11:01 drop so we can do other things or leave the park or whatever.

You don’t need to drop it. You can modify it earlier at the drop time.

2 Likes

Modify at the drop, you don’t need to cancel it before.

1 Like

EXCELLENT! This is great advice.

1 Like

And given your FP configuration you will also be able to try for a 4th FP for it in later drops.

1 Like

I think that’s my main goal. If I leave FOP at 3:45, I can’t get any FP at the 1:01 or 3:01 drops. These forums are invaluable.

Best part about modifying is if you can’t, you don’t lose the FP+ you have. If you drop it now there is no guarantee you will either get IT back or get one at the drop.

1 Like

Busy day today but managed to check the 2:31 HS drop saw a lot of MFSR pop up until 2:34. Saw a few TSM and one time a 6:20 SDD showed up.

4 Likes

I got a MFSR today in the park in the 12:01pm drop and TSM in the 2:31pm drop. They were both a few minutes late, but it worked :slight_smile: This post has made my trip so much smoother, thanks to everyone who contributed to it!

5 Likes

@danis456 that’s great you got some yesterday! being local with AP I would hardly ever get the big ones if not for the SDD’s. Now if we could just find a reliable drop time for 7DMT!!

Seems to be many more MFSR drops than SDD drops. I’m considering changing my FP to SDD instead of MFSR just since it seems more likely I’ll be able to pick up a same day for MFSR than SDD. Does that make sense to anyone else?

1 Like

Yes, it seems unlikely that you’ll pick up SDD.

1 Like

I’m considering changing my RD plan for this reason. Think we will RD SDD and then try for MFSR at a drop (I have MMRR FP)

2 Likes

Yes, if you can get a decent timed SDD I definatly think it’s worth it. Look slike there are a lot more MFSR at the drops. This could change come Wednesday when we throw MMRR into the mix. I’ll be checking on for those for sure!

2 Likes

This thread has me wondering: using parkhops and same-day-drops… is it possible to ride all Tier 1 rides in a single day?:grinning: Is the “Tier 1 Challenge” a thing?

To reply to myself… I meant by manipulation of Fastpasses. I know that people have done every ride in a single day… but my thought was could you via 60-day FPP and same-day-drops get FastPasses for every single Tier 1 ride?

1 Like

This might be something fun to try!

I think the challenge would be to start from nothing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh wow. That would be interesting.

Ugh now I’m pissed I don’t have PH tickets and an extra day to do this.

2 Likes