Crowd Calendars and Wait Times

I was there yesterday for a “1”. Ha, not!

4 Likes

Covid-19 messed up everything - including Disney Parks. :confused:

2 Likes

This whole thing is odd to me and it might be time to evaluate if those school districts included are representative of the country. Cant understand how the model would give a 1 to Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples Day holiday weekend. It has become the defacto fall break date for most schools and i have been to WDW a couple of times on this weekend the past several years and while not 7+ the crowds have never been anywhere close to less than 3 in my real life wait time experience. Plus, i don’t know if any of you did any travelling this past weekend (I did) and the airports were SLAMMED with kids on fall break. Really don’t get where a 1 came from in the model to begin with.

1 Like

I’m not sure how that explains today though. You’d think it would normalize since it’s not full weeks off.

Good point. I was stunned to see so much travel going on though. Maybe all those southwest flights out of Orlando got cancelled again and everyone said screw it lets go back to the parks. Kidding…not kidding.

1 Like

This has supposedly been the most crowded week in HS this entire year, in terms of posted wait times. Fascinating.

1 Like

Realizing the HS spike is probably motivated by people trying to sneak in RotR between VQ and genie+

1 Like

“We are reverting our crowd predictions after having a week of higher crowds this week”

4 Likes

I wonder how much of the crowds were people rushing over before the Genie kicks in…

1 Like