Crowd Calendars and Wait Times

OR they want to send us to the snack carts, fatten us up to the point where we can’t handle anymore rides, so then we just aimlessly mosey around until we make our way back out the entrance. :joy:

3 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

“This is the [Disney] way.”

1 Like

Good article worth a read.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Wait time testing info:

1 Like
2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m glad they addressed this. It is insane the disconnect between crowds and lines yesterday!

2 Likes

The thing to do is RENAME it from Crowd Calendar.
Crowd Calendar says to the casual observer “this tells me the number of people in the park”.
Even many people HERE, who know exponentially more than the casual observer, forget that crowd level does not mean attendance

The obstacle is that all of “the other guys” discuss crowd levels too (but I think they mean crowds, not waits). So TP could place itself at a disadvantage by changing the verbiage because with the vast majority of “the other guys” using that terminology, that’s what people are going to search for (vs something more telling like line times)

But it sure as hell would clear things right up in terms of crowd level does not mean attendance

7 Likes

“Line Level Calendar”

2 Likes

Something!

Because it’s their own naming convention that caused them to even need to consider breaking the rules yesterday.

3 Likes

Did they break their own rules for the whole weekend though? The whole week? Yesterday was also seemingly way off.

1 Like

Seems that two numbers would be helpful. So, Oct 1st might have been a 1/10. At least for weird days like that.

Updates through the end of the month are a pretty big change. Wondering if it’s premature? The thrill data timing has been back to medium crowds the past two days.

1 Like

“The current update only affects October 8 – November 18. Wait time predictions and crowd levels starting November 19, are based on pre-pandemic data.”

1 Like

Today looks bad on thrill data :grimacing: Did people just avoid week 1 and crowds are about to be out of control? Adding the bonus AP slots seems like it’s going to make this worse too.

1 Like

It’s definitely going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

1 Like

:frowning: I’m afraid that the crowd estimate adjustments from yesterday were premature.

3 Likes
2 Likes