Crowd Calendars and Wait Times

1 Like

I wonder if this means I’ll get a slew of emails for my May / June trip for updating crowds …

I did already

1 Like

Yep, I did too.

From the update:

Notice HS (predictions) for Sundays

2 Likes

Not sure how my week in March (14-21) went to mostly 1s. Not counting on that sticking. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agree. All the weekdays in early March went down for my trip too. :thinking:

1 Like

My crowd levels all went up significantly for my November trip- which I expect to be accurate. Well, significantly compared to 1s and 2s. Epcot went up to 7 on the weekends.

1 Like

We are planning to go the very same week. How are you planning on entering each park? On foot? That is currently what is tripping me up…we are rope droppers traditionally and have Fastpass+ down…but now I am kind of lost with how to get to parks (our current plan is to rideshare from shades of green, or take their buses, depending on how early they get there).

1 Like

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TouringPlansBlog/~3/eJj7VxEtKzo/

6 Likes
2 Likes

I guess Sundays may remain the best day to go to HS.

Here’s my theory. Sunday is the best day that the local AP holders have time to visit. A good number may only be visiting to ride RotR. If they fail at getting a BG, they’ll leave the park and try again the next week. And it’s a good possibility that DW is still allotting more PPR’s for the APs on weekends than weekdays.

From TP:
“It was one of the least busy days of the past month over at the Studios”
https://touringplans.com/blog/2020/10/18/strong-attendance-at-3-of-4-parks-walt-disney-world-wait-times-for-sunday-october-18-2020/

2 Likes

HS remains least busy on Sundays
https://touringplans.com/blog/2020/10/25/animal-kingdom-busiest-hollywood-studios-least-busy-walt-disney-world-wait-times-for-sunday-october-25-2020/

3 Likes

Just a plug for TP’s crowd calendar update. Last week, I had originally planned on Wednesday 10/21 at AK and Thursday, 10/22 at MK. After seeing the graph a few posts up (24 I believe) I decided to try and switch days. It worked out for us with ADR’s and I’m so glad I switched! Wednesday ended up being a 1 instead of a 2 at MK and wait times were lower all around. The wait times at AK were slightly higher on Thursday, but with so many fewer rides/attractions it didn’t impact us that much.

I also felt that the wait times in the Lines app were pretty good while we were there. The cleaning cycles can throw everything off and they are impossible to predict, however. For instance, we saw a 20 minute wait for PPF and got in line just in time for a cleaning cycle. We ended up waiting 34 minutes. I think without the cleaning cycle our wait would have been pretty close to what the Lines app had posted. I saw some comments/complaints that the wait times in the app were way off in the previous week (Columbus Day crowds?), and just wanted to say that my small statistical sample was much better.

3 Likes

Glad to hear, you hit it right! AK was even a CL 1 on the 22nd. Thanks for your input!

3 Likes

I just want to second this. While I’m not in the park myself, TP is collecting lots of data and their wait times will be accurate more often than not! But that doesn’t mean it will always be perfect. Lines are subject to unpredictable occurrences that can buck a usual trend.

(Same thing with political polls, by the way!)

3 Likes

Crowd level review from each park over the last several weeks:

“The next update to the calendar will come early in December.”

Are crowd levels based on wait times or people in the parks?

Always wait times

1 Like

Wait times yesterday (Saturday) at HS were quite a bit lower than predicted. :+1:

Average Wait Times
Predicted/Observed:

MMRR 68min/41min
MFSR 58min/47min
RnRC 55min/49min
SDD 78min/63min
TSM 31min/22min
ToT 61min/41min

6 Likes