Crowd Calendar Error (?) - Oct 22

Do you think this is an error for MK? There is no party this day. The party is the day before but I would expect one of the few regular fireworks days that week to be busier, no? Predicted hours are 9am-11pm.

2 Likes

I would expect one of the few non-party days to be higher than that for sure

2 Likes

Seems off to me. Since Tuesdays in October are typically always party days, maybe that change hasn’t been picked up yet. What does TP show for projected MK park hours for that day?

Also, not directly related to your question, but it seems odd to me that there is a Tuesday in October without a party.

4 Likes

Ok interesting! I had not really been paying attention to the days of the week, but there is a little bit of a zig zag with the party days of the week while we are there.

I assume you are right that the crowd calendar is somehow expecting it to be a party night.

4 Likes

Those two Monday parties are interesting…October 14 and October 21. That doesn’t follow the usual party pattern.

4 Likes

The 14th is Columbus Day so I figured maybe they wanted to take advantage of the holiday or something, but that doesn’t explain the 21st!

4 Likes

I have not been paying enough attention, but the Evening Hours are relatively fixed? So would there likely be deluxe evening hours at MK on that Wednesday the 23rd?

2 Likes

Yeah… I haven’t seen anything about a very recent calendar update, so I’d guess it was made before the party dates were announced

2 Likes

They did actually update the calendar after they announced the parties. I got an email a week or two ago because these days are tracked. I think they just must have missed this particular day.

3 Likes

Last October, some (all?) of the Wednesday MK deluxe evening hours were shifted to HS. We were at one of the HS nights. I highly recommend it if WDW does it at HS again. SDD was 20-30 minute wait and TSM and A2S were walk-on. My kids wanted to hang out in TSL almost the entire 2 hours. We walked on to MMRR on the way out with about 30 seconds to spare before the end of Extended Evening Hours. We were the last ride of the night.

6 Likes

Oh good to know! Although we move FROM BWV to the Poly on Wednesday so MK nights would be better… But honestly if I thought my kids could stay out super late I would probably spring for a Halloween party. Decisions!

1 Like

All kids are different so I give you my experience with that caveat.

The first time we took the kids to MNSSHP was 2022 (DS was almost 5 and DD was 7). DS was ready to leave the park after the fireworks so DW took him back to the resort. I stayed with DD until around 11:30 pm. The kids had fun, but DS didn’t really get into the party.

Last fall (DS was almost 6 and DD was 8), however, the kids got really into MNSSHP (the parade, the fireworks, the special character meets, the shorter ride lines). They both wanted to stay until midnight and were gong strong until the end of the party. We slept in the next day and went to HS in the afternoon and stayed through EEH (until 11:00 pm). Again, the kids loved it.

Also, if you give Extended Evening Hours a try, at least it doesn’t cost you anything extra if ends up being a fail.

2 Likes

Good idea! Mine will be 6 and 9 and so far still are pretty early risers so while they are definitely getting better about staying up late, I am hesitant to spend the $$ for the party but I definitely like the appeal of the free extended hours! I wish they would line up better with our hotels if they end up moving them to DHS though.

1 Like

Was this only in October do you recall? I’m seeing these still happening at MK in August in line with the Halloween parties. I’m just trying to figure out when I might know which night has the hours. Thanks!

1 Like

Based on memory, I think October dates were shifted to HS and November dates were shifted to AK or twice a week EP nights. I think August was the regular schedule last year, but that doesn’t mean it won’t change this year if WDW liked how October and November went.

Ok so annoying. Thank you!