Crazy question…but are you allowed to walk under the SL to HS? We are staying in CBR and want to RD and the walkers have the advantage. We could Uber to BW and walk but it would be great to just walk from our hotel. On Google Maps and Apple Maps it seems totally doable. We don’t care if it’s a bit long.
Pretty sure the answer is no. I wish this was possible, walking access would be great!
Really? Why do you think that? It looks like a nice path.
It came up on this forum when construction started. I don’t really remember, but I think it was just never part of the plan to maintain a walking path under the skyliner.
Makes sense, thank you so much for chiming in.
Somebody else will certainly speak up if I’m mistaken. It may not be until morning unless one of the non-US liners is waking up soon. I recall @Nickysyme seemed to have a lot of info on the skyliner.
I believe @Captain_heidelj_pillager_of_trip_reports is correct. I’ve never heard of anyone being able to walk from CBR to HS.
Too much guest risk.
Risk of guest suing Disney if something fell and injured the guest.
No walking along that path. It’s the emergency access path for the Skyliner.
That’s good to know… is it marked that way?
Looking via Google Maps - Street View: there is no specific restriction signage that I can find.
I have no idea though how old Google’s image is - has signage been added since their pic below?
The gap between the ballards is certainly inviting, isn’t it?!
And what’s that off in the distance? A speed limit sign…
I sense that your gut feeling is telling you that visitors aren’t suppose to use this path.
I also sense from your posts that you’re determined to find out for sure…
Think of this as a mission. You could do a trip report! Let all the other liners report about wait times and dole whips and post all their Wish You Were Here pictures.
You though… who has ever trip reported on this?!
- Be sure to note what time you left CBR, and how long it took you to push your way through the berm shrubbery that surrounds CBR.
- How many cars honked their ‘encouragement’ as you burst across both lanes of Victory Way road?
- Upon closer inspection, what do you presume the purpose of that Speed Limit sign to be? Will a Security guard driving a golf cart ignore that limit when pursuing a trespasser?
- Was the skyliner running yet? Can a runner keep pace with a sky bucket?
- How long did it take you to make it down the path (henceforth to be called Rialina’s Bane Lane)?
- After you cleared the path, how many attendants in the Hollywood Studios parking lot waved their batons at you on your stroll across the lot? What did you find to be the most effective way to ignore what they were screaming at you?
- At what point did security finally catch you? Remember! As long as you scan in through the HS turnstiles, you’ll still count as being in the park, and you can still prep yourself to get that RotR boarding pass, albeit it from the Group W bench within Disney’s Security holding area.
Be sure to wear the right shoes that morning!
This is hilarious. Now I have to know if this is possible. Go for it @Rialina, and report back absolutely everything that happens!
Perhaps an additional bullet point recommending the report be on the last trip day in case the reward is life banishment.
@Patricioso Haha! Oh. My. Goodness. Your response is hilarious and I am a little freaked out about how closely you have me pegged. It is a giant risk but if there is nothing posted what can they say? I’m sorry ma’am, you shouldn’t have done that. Me: Oh really, nothing was posted I’m so sorry, I’ll never do that again.
Or they could really be strict and banish us for life, but how likely is that with nothing posted?
But… since HS is our most high stakes day, it’s what the kids are most excited for, it is probably not worth the chance of even being detained a little bit.
It’s just such a shame to be so close and be waiting for the SL at CBR at 7:50 to beat the SL crowd when you could just be walking And be at the front of RD!!!
Anyways, I will FOR SURE check it out and let you all know about signs posted. Thanks for the laugh!!!
I must confess - I really want to know if that path can be used too - it’s why I went and looked at it via Google. We’re liners - we have to know these things
On a related note: in the Spring, we may be staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. I was looking months ago at how I could walk from the Wyndham over to CBR, and then take the Skyliner from there - that’s how I know about the surrounding berm and the shrubbery. So trust me when I say I am truly impressed with your idea to walk that skyliner path. Brilliant!
We’ll be staying there in a couple of weeks and I also looked up if you could walk to CBR to use the skyliner. Oh well. We will likely just drive over now that reports say the parking lot is opening earlier. Maybe we’ll Uber to Swan and walk over. But I doubt my family cares enough to do that extra step.
Of course, you have all the folks at Swan, Dolphin, Beach Club, Yacht Club, and Boardwalk who are definitely allowed to walk to HS likely ahead of you.
@ryan1 True they have a shorter walk, but if it was possible, we could still beat them by simply leaving earlier.