Covid vaccine and you

Started the day fine with the usual mild soreness in arm, but having some mild chills and light headed-ness off and on here at work about 19 hrs post Moderna injection. (1st dose, but having previously had covid, acting like 2nd dose more or less) Not unmanageable, but another data point to throw into the mix.

6 Likes

DS is booked for dose 1 on Saturday and will get dose 2 three weeks later. Will be fully vaxxed (2wks post) in time for WDW!!! :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

17 Likes

Haven’t been able to book anything for our DD14 in NY yet. :mask:

1 Like

I was just going to say, “how are all you people getting appointments?” Stupid NY.

1 Like

I just checked and in MA they can preregister but cannot get the vaccine until final approval. CVS will not let anyone under 16 make an appointment.

I called CVS today. I am in PA and CVS has been one of the major vaccination networks in PA that are using the Pfizer vaccine.

The CVS person on the phone said that it takes 72 hours for their computer systems to update and that we should be able to make appointments for 12-15yos at some point tomorrow. I specifically asked if the delay had anything to do w/ them waiting for the CDC approval and she said no, it was due to their computer system. This was on the COVID information line that CVS shuttles you to when you call the local store so that may mean that they are more or less reliable depending.

I could have done a walk in at one of our county vaccination sites today, but the rest of the family all had our COVID vaccines done at CVS so I would rather have all the the electronic records in one place if at all possible.

2 Likes

When I bring up the CVS covid site I get this message:

The FDA has granted emergency authorization for Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine for people 12+. Once the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) provides guidelines, CVS will begin to offer in stores. More information available soon.

3 Likes

DS15 and DS13 are both scheduled for their first shots Saturday as well!!! We are in PA and going to a clinic run by the Giant grocery chain.

4 Likes

The mass vaccination site we went to happened to be the basketball stadium for my university. There was a guy handing out stickers to people as they left that had the school mascot and logo on them, and frankly I really wanted one. By the time I came out, the guy was gone. I felt foolish asking for one, so I just left, sad that I didnt’ get a sticker. :rofl:

2 Likes

folks were so excited signing their kids up for vaccines today!!! now that they are eligible i felt fine sharing that my kid was fully vaccinated!!! 36 days until the end of my job and 40 until Disney…the last 2 days have been like slogging through molasses uphill in a snowstorm. figured out i have done 1800 rapid tests by myself since feb.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry. I though it was getting easier to get appointments every where now

I have been stalking all the Massachusetts sites today…I signed up for the registration at the mass site, but I’m hoping to book at a CVS soon!

1 Like

Interesting…I just checked and found the same message. It wasn’t there earlier (or last night).

Phone bank service providers don’t always share the correct information!

I wonder now if we will need to wait 72 hours after the CDC director signs off for their system to update?

I hope not!

1 Like

Was your kiddo in a trial?

Oh, in general it is, just not for the new 12-15 age bracket! No worries, I’m sure it will be easy enough once our state officially approves!

1 Like

Yes; the Moderna trial…I swear it was all kids of healthcare workers! Like a family reunion each visit​:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

:slight_smile::slight_smile:

Thank you and thank your kiddo for stepping up!!

1 Like

Andy just sent out his daily update…

The FDA expanded the emergency use authorization of the Pfizer vaccine to include people ages 12-15. Tomorrow, the CDC’s vaccine advisory committee, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), will meet publicly to review data and discuss whether to recommend the vaccine for this age group to the CDC director. Following the review, State Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker will meet with New York State’s Clinical Advisory Task Force and make a final recommendation, which means we could have full authorization for vaccinations to begin for 12- to 15-year-olds here in New York as early as Thursday.

2 Likes

Thanks! You might like our full circle moment…my first job out of nursing school was in a children’s hospital taking care of infants and toddlers who were all in clinical trials fast forward 20 years and my daughter is alive and healthy because of those kids in those trials! Now she was able to help others by being in a trial…pretty amazing😀

10 Likes