Covid vaccine and you

Very exciting! We have 2 that we need to get signed up. DW already tried - websites have not been updated yet. Then that will just leave DS10.

2 Likes

If they move quickly enough DS14 could have both doses before we leave for WDW (second one would be days before heading down)

We don’t go until July, so we have plenty of time. Relatively speaking.

1 Like

Don’t let @missoverexcited or @sanstitre_has_left_the_building see your sticker. They are jealous of our American ways. :joy:

5 Likes

Nice of you to keep it under the radar so as to shield them from being sad and feeling left out

4 Likes

Just doing my part for the sake of international unity! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Stickers are not exclusive to the US you know :joy::joy: While it is true that neither of us got one, they are in fact being given out over here.

2 Likes

Neither of us got stickers either! or my parents! :frowning:

My parents got them for their first dose, lots of my friends have had them too. But not me or DH.

Running out of stickers is a great problem to have in fairness :slight_smile:

2 Likes

None of us got a sticker after our vaccinations, either.

They have this whiteboard in the waiting area (where you have to wait 15 minutes after getting your shot to make sure you don’t react) that says at the top, “Why did you get vaccinated?” And people can go up and write whatever. Mostly people just say things like “to protect myself and others,” but I was tempted to go up and write: For the free candy! No, we didn’t get free candy. But I thought it would be funny.

2 Likes

I had to ask for my sticker, both times.

1 Like

Oh really? We’re going there? I’ve had a rant brewing for a while.

The population of the US is just under five times the population of the UK.

The latest seven day rolling average of COVID deaths in the USA is 650. In the UK it is 10.

So your rate is 13 times higher per capita than ours.

Despite this you still have a ban on UK citizens flying directly to the USA.

This is idiotic for a variety of reasons, not least for the continuing impact on your economy. A country only grows richer if it sells goods or services to the nationals of other countries. Otherwise, you’re simply just moving your existing wealth around.

Yesterday was my Dalmatian Day for my August trip. That is fully fourteen months after the original Dalmatian Day for the trip I was scheduled to take in June 2020. So my Disney life had been on hold for fourteen months.

Open your damned country back up.

6 Likes

WOOOOOooooooo!

On May 2nd DD18, my brother and I got our second shot. I saved mine, DD stuck her sticker to her shirt and my dumb brother who thought he was being funny joked he was going to sell his on eBay. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::flushed: I almost died right there in CVS. Stupid Stupid way to joke and the people that overheard all looked at him.

5 Likes

This is how observant I am……they wrote the time I could leave on my CVS sticker during my first shot. I was sad I didn’t get a sticker. For my 2nd shot they wrote the time on the back. That was when I realized I had two stickers……

6 Likes

Yes, we’re clearly our own worst enemy. If it was up to us, you’d be in for sure.

In other news, my county’s numbers have finally started to drop. We’re now at 23 cases per day per 100,000, down from around 30. It’s still too high, though.

3 Likes

How bout that

3 Likes

I seem to have struck a sore spot. :wink:

P.S. I agree we should let you folks in!

2 Likes

The only sticker I got was my bandaid :confused:

6 Likes