Covid vaccination

I know everyone’s response to the pandemic is different and based on unique situations. But for those of you who have been quarantined and generally staying out of public/gatherings/restaurants and the like during the pandemic, will you feel comfortable traveling, visiting Disney World and other less regulated places, and eating indoors in restaurants as soon as you and your adult travel party are fully vaccinated?

Or do you have residual worries about those around you who are not vaccinated? Or issues doubting the vaccine efficacy against new variants, etc.? I ask because DH and I should be completely vaccinated in a couple of weeks and I feel ready to go. But then I think, maybe it’s too soon and I should be waiting on the majority of adults to be vaccinated before I feel safe? Or maybe I’m just used to worrying about things (a pandemic will do that to you) ?

1 Like

That’s me :raising_hand_woman:t4:

My answer to this is no and it’s not completely to do with vaccination.

I’m aware that many people here don’t believe that the virus is transmitted on surfaces, but I do, so I don’t believe that just because someone is vaccinated that they then can’t infect others.

I’m more worried about the people who are vaccinated acting all normal while spreading it :confused:

1 Like

My mom (age 65) just got her first shot today in Utah! Originally she wasn’t supposed to be eligible till March 1st, but because there were available appointments, they opened them up to her age group early. She has multiple risk factors but she didn’t bother claiming them. She signed up for text alerts and received a text with a link to sign up when they had availability.

4 Likes

I kind of felt the same way, but as was explained to me, every shot into every arm helps reduce the spread. Also knowing that Cindy is much higher risk than am I, I feel that by me having it, it helps protect her.

8 Likes

Great news!

2 Likes

I am hoping to be vaccinated and travel in June. The thought of eating in a restaurant kinda freaks me out. I have worked in a public building, every day since last March.

4 Likes

Manufacturers promise enough shots to cover the U.S. by Independence Day

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-02-18/how-many-vaccine-doses-are-available-u-s-should-see-a-surge

3 Likes

Wow - that would be something!

Article states there should be enough vaccine for 30 Million shots per week in June.

Right now its 10 to 15 Mllion per week.

2 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Hopefully the infrastructure will be there to deliver them. One of the main problems FL has been having is that the State only knows 6 days in advance how many doses will be delivered, and it can be 500K one week, 200K the next, and 300K the next. It makes it impossible to build a long term distribution strategy, because you are never sure how many you will get the next week.

1 Like

Yes, there is that too. The research is still not conclusive regarding whether the vaccine prevents infection to the degree that transmission before symptom onset is excluded. If that turns out to be the case as with many other vaccines, then I would feel safer for sure.

I work from home, so I have rarely gone anywhere. So, I wondered how much of my fear was just that it’s been so long since I’ve been to a restaurant and that is freaking me out!

Yeah restaurants.
Gee, I remember those.
The way things are going it seems like next spring my family will go from hiding indoors for two years to airports and WDW.
“A whole new world…”

1 Like

In one press conference they said they were changing to notifying the states of delivery amounts 3 weeks out to allow states to improve their planning. One problem in FL is that hospitals determine high risk individuals in need and not providers (this is written wording in phase 1) So far only one hospital in FL has utilized this directive. This is what I know now but could have changed. The appointment system only schedules ppl by age or targeted professionals so those that are high risk are being ignored.

2 Likes

all of this!!!

I guess I could have just :heart:'d your comment :rofl: BUT… I’m still sore about the broken appt. system not working for high risk ppl in FL

2 Likes

And this just in…Missouri’s state health director said there are no plans to move teachers into the line for vaccinations as essential workers…:roll_eyes:

That’s a massive problem here too. I’m sorry. I wish I could wave a wand and make the system better or have everyone behave “justly” and fairly. Especially with people out there running around trying to intentionally infect other people so they don’t have to wait for the vaccine :roll_eyes:

It actually hurts my heart. But like I said, I have to think on the positive side that it’s less people waiting.

1 Like

I’m sorry for this too. And a bit surprised to be honest.

1 Like