Covid- Vaccinated-no kids....would you go?

I am from Canada and hoping to go mid September to Disneyworld with my 28 yr old daughter… we had a trip planned for May 2020 and of course cancelled due to Covid.
Our tickets expire at the end of September.
I have read a lot about the risk of going to Disney with kids who have not been able to be vaccinated… but we are both vaccinated. So my question is: would you go if there were no unvaccinated kids to worry about? I am retired but my daughter is a nurse.
Thoughts?

1 Like

At this point, dd (20yo) and I are still planning on going the first week in October. We are both fully vaccinated and by that point our exposure will be about the same there that it would be here (I plan to be back working in an office and dd is a server at a restaurant).

I don’t think I would make the same decision if we had unvaccinated children with us…but as of right now we are still moving forward w/ our plans.

ETA: We will most definitely be wearing masks indoors and when in crowded areas.

3 Likes

We will be a group of five, all vaccinated, adults. We are going for a weekend split trip Universal/Disney September 23-27. Some of our Disney tickets have that same September expiration date.

I paid off the Universal part of the trip today. I am going and as of now, so is everyone else. We had agreed, even before Disney made the rule, that we will wear masks inside throughout the trip. I bought new masks last week.

3 Likes

Yes, with masks. We are all vaccinated. We were at DLR in July. We wore masks indoors. Ate only in the room or places outdoors.

2 Likes

Absolutely we’d go.

Yeah, if we didin’t have to worry about the unvaxxed 10 year old, I’d probably be much more free in what we did.

1 Like

Yes we would go.

You’d have to consider quarantine requirements for unvaccinated travelers after your trip.
Add 14-days to your trip and that can be a long time away from school.

ETA: sorry I was trying to point out that for Canadian families with children there’s a major concern about travel totally apart from fears of catching the virus.
This obstacle does not exist for vaccinated travelers.

2 Likes

I’m fully vaccinated and I’m going August 20-28. I am hoping that cases in FL will be going down by then but I’m still going! I’m going solo and the vaccines are excellent (if not 100%) protection. I’ll be masking indoors and any crowded places and do my best to avoid really packed situations. I can’t tell you what you should do but if I were in your situation I’d go.

1 Like

I was wondering about quarantine requirements for vaccinated.

Why unvaxx?

1 Like

In Canada, fully vaccinated travelers are exempted from quarantine.

ETA: unvaccinated children must quarantine but do not have to quarantine in a government facility.

2 Likes

Yes, vaccinated and masked, I would go. Add in frequent hand washing and as distant as I can be…no worries.

3 Likes

We are heading home from Orlando now and just noted the CNN headline that this week has been the highest Covid rate reported ever in FL. I brought two of my sons who are both vaccinated as I am so we felt fairly comfortable going given that. However, I can tell you the crowds are packed in in certain places. For rope drop, MK fireworks and certain ride lines (fill in all available space!) it is just wall to wall people smashed together. There were certain times that I just felt resigned that we might catch it. If that is going to up your anxiety or reduce enjoyment of your trip, either wait or plan not to do those things.
ETA buses to this list - dividers are gone, all seats taken and people standing as well.

2 Likes

I am not worried but want to be reasonably smart…
I take it among all the crowdedness you still did not get it?

1 Like

Thank you ALL for the great insight!! LOVE HAVING THIS SOURCE OF INFO!!
:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

I have rapid tests in my luggage that we will do as soon as we get home. DS12 is congested but has chronic issues with allergies. We shall see!

1 Like

ok good luck please keep me posted :grinning::heartbeat:

1 Like

We took two trips before we were vaccinated- October 2020 and January 2021. To be honest I am a little more hesitant now than before. During that time frame masks rules enforced heavily at Disney and Universal, social distancing was encouraged and Disney was actively disinfecting rides. We are heading back again this fall- but I am not encouraged with the relaxed social distancing. I do plan on driving- I am not thrilled about being on a skyliner with guests outside my own travel group.

5 Likes

Going in late August to Universal with a fully vaccinated group - myself, DS (12) and niece (22) and again in September to Disney with vaccinated DH. As of right now, we are all in for both trips.

4 Likes

I vote yes!
I’m going in 10 days with me hubby and DD7. She is obviously not vaccinated, but we are. As much as the #s scare me, we’re glad Disney is making people mask up again!

3 Likes