Could use some words of encouragement

Really? It’s an every day phrase in the UK, these are the little differences you don’t realise exist!

2 Likes

So sorry this happened to your family. Hoping it passes quickly.

I love ‘Call the Midwife’!

So sorry for the sickness, @steve22. I hope they all feel better tomorrow!

Hope everyone feels better fast.

That’s another reason I love it. It’s a fantastic show anyway, but I’m also googling something almost every episode.

1 Like

When I was 11, my family took a 5-day trip to Disneyland. I had seen advertisements for Fantasmic!, which had debuted a year or two earlier, and had begged my parents to take us all week. Then on the 5th day we were on the DLRR and I puked over the railing before it left Main Street Station (probably food poisoning). I had to go back to the hotel with my mom and missed that whole day as well as F!, which they finally took my advice and saw that night. I was devastated!

But the rest of the trip before that had been amazing and neither Disneyland nor F! have gone anywhere, and I have been dozens of times since. One day in a hotel room builds character! :wink: Crossing my fingers for your family to be back to their normal selves soon!

3 Likes

I’m not a fan tbh.

My 13yo DD vomited all night long second night of our cruise. I was horrified we’d all get it and/or we’d get quarantined. I get your disappointment. Praying all feel better for the morning. (In analysis it was her creme brûlée.)

3 Likes

Hoping everyone continues to do well! I’m so sorry!

2 Likes

Aiyiyi! I can just imagine the slow-mo “noooooooo” as that happened.

I hope it’s a 24 hour bug, @steve22. I came down with a cold on our trip but just powered through. Vomiting is hard to power through. Crabbiness sounds like a good sign to me – usually if my kids are really sick they’re too wiped to be crabby.

2 Likes

On the contrary, the more you let your kids do this, the less often they get sick … eventually. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

If your kiddos are anything like mine they will be better after a good sleep. We’ve rarely had a stomach bug last more than 12 - 18 hours. I hope the same holds true for y’all!

1 Like

tis the season for norovirus :frowning: hope it passes quick!

I looked in the rear view mirror one day and my 2 year old was licking the bottom of her shoe🤣

4 Likes

Sadly, vomiting is a part of every one of our trips. My daughter in particular has thrown up all over WDW. I think kids pick up bugs on the rides primarily. Nevertheless, nobody is better than Disney in helping resort guests when this happens. Let the cast members know what you are dealing with and let them help you. They will get your kids transported to medical treatment if they need it free of charge. The chefs at the resorts are also wonderful about coming up with thing for sick people!

3 Likes

“Right as rain” is a pretty common phrase in Canada as well. At least I have been hearing it all my life. But we do tend to have an interesting mix of British and American phrases as part of our vernacular.

Hope everyone gets a good night’s sleep @steve22 and feels better in the morning.

2 Likes

Not that this will help the OP, but the timing and general germiness of planes makes me think that’s what it was. I always make sure to bring Wet Ones (they’re antibacterial) and wipe down everything we touch on the plane, right down to the seat buckle and tray table. I don’t care if people think I’m paranoid (because I am- I take some very strong immunosuppressants). Since I started doing this, none of us have been sick on vacation, not even me.

Hope your family recovers quickly, and remember, as my son’s Scout Master always says, “Whatever doesn’t kill us, makes for great stories!”

3 Likes

I never did this until we had kids … now I do it each plane ride. That said, the kids always seem to touch something before I have a chance to wipe everything down. And everyone seated near me gives a look like they think I’m nuts.

1 Like

That’s when you know a Dad has truly run out of things to do!

Hope your crew is better now … I’m hoping so since you have not posted on this thread since early this afternoon.

1 Like

The flight attendants don’t think you’re nuts, though. I’ve had them tell me it’s smart, and I sit where I’m able to see them do it all the time.

If I’m traveling by myself I’ll explain to my seatmate what my situation is, but staying out of the hospital is a good incentive for me not to care what anybody thinks. Unless I’m feeling antisocial, in which case it works in my favor if they think I’m slightly off-kilter.

1 Like