Could use some words of encouragement

So, second day of trip, leaving MK and out of nowhere our 2 year old pukes in bus line. Thought maybe overheated, until later that evening, our other 2yo (twin) and mommy did the same. All are resting comfortably today. First and foremost I hope they can recover soon as no one likes being sick. Second, really? At Disney? you have to be kidding me! After all the planning, kids 1st plane rides, 1st vacation, birthday trip and this happens. I know it could definitely be worse, but feeling a little sad today and nervous for the rest of the trip. We had built in an-off day from the parks, which we switched to today. But it’s unknown how tomorrow and beyond will work out.
Trying to stay positive, take care if everyone and try to stay healthy myself. Appreciate any words of encouragement or positive survival stories for those that have also experiences something similar. Thanks all!

7 Likes

It happened to my family this year. I let my teen watch anything / order anything she wanted. My wife & I - mostly me took turns going to the parks solo. I would bring her back “surprises” each day.

Just try to smile and remember - one day this will be a fun story. :smiley:

5 Likes

Oh no! I hope they bounce back quickly.

My then 3yo did this on a quick trip to Spain (my sister lives there so we were just doing a long weekend). The one day we had to spend with everyone - and that I was having a kid free night out - he spent the entire 24 hours puking. That’s what happens when you LICK A RAILING on a bus! Argh, kids!

Sorry, I hope you can avoid getting it too. I highly recommend charcoal tablets to shore up roiling stomachs. We take them whenever we suspect a stomach virus.

3 Likes

Oh no, I’m so sorry! Hopefully it’s just a 24 hour thing and they’ll all be right as rain soon. And fingers crossed that you don’t get it!

2 Likes

Oh man, what a nightmare! Hopefully it’s just a 24 hour bug and everyone will be better tomorrow. Definitely will be a good story later but not much fun when you’re living it! Sending positive thoughts for a healthy remainder of your trip.

1 Like

Hmm. Three of you that close together? Seems like food poisoning is more likely. If so, it should pass quickly.

2 Likes

I’m so, so sorry! My daughter (also a twin) did this on a trip to San Diego. We thought she’d gotten plane sick, but the vomiting continued upon arrival. It’s so hard after all the excitement and prep for such a big trip! I hope your kiddos (and spouse) recover soon and you stay well. Keep the fluids going and we will all be hoping you guys can enjoy your big trip soon!!

1 Like

Oh no, I am so sorry. hoping and praying you all quickly revover

1 Like

Sorry to hear this. Hope they all make quick recoveries. Hopefully it was just the heat and stress from running around, and they’ll be ok to hit the parks tomorrow.

1 Like

We tried to piece this together too, but we’re having a hard time coming up with something consistent that they ate. Of course, it may not be limited to just one item, I guess.

Yes, the rail licking. Gosh knows what they touched/licked. Gives me the creeps just thinking about it. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

On my family’s WDW trip when I was 12, I got sick with a fever and ended up spending 2 days in the resort room. It sucks being sick in Disney!

1 Like

Hopefully this is a quick 24 hour bug and you will resume to a fabulous vacation! We’ve had a few trips gone awry because of illness and it’s always so incredibly disappointing. DS got sick on a cruise once and spent almost every part of it in the stateroom. But luckily he recovered for our 3 day stay at WDW and my husband spoiled him rotten for 3 days (it’s why we now have a giant Stitch in the house!). Fingers crossed this passes quickly!

1 Like

Hoping everyone feels better after a good night’s sleep.

1 Like

My mom got sick on our multi-gen trip back in February. Just had one pretty miserable night and was fine the rest of the trip. She chalked it up to eating way more food than her body is normally accustomed to having plus it being very rich food on top of that.

Praying for you!! Way to swing with the punches and shift your rest day around. Hopefully everyone feels better soon!!

1 Like

The exhaustion of planning, packing and traveling. The excitement of finally being there. Different schedule, different weather, different food (and more of it!), even different water. Any of these can throw you off – all of them combined can pack a punch! Praying that your rest day will be restorative for everyone and you’ll all be feeling better tomorrow!

1 Like

Thank everyone for your feedback. Wife woke up from nap and said at least for now she feels a bit better. Kids are intrigued with eating a little. Making me nervous, but it’s been over 12 hrs since the last vomit So hopefully they hold it down. Staying with bland food. Both got naps. Both crabby as heck. But, if they can hold this food, continue fluids and get a great nights sleep, that would be our best shot at a possible recovery. I too am hoping it’s some weird 24 hr thing. I think everyone is going bonkers being trapped in the room. I’ve even offered to go do the puke laundry. Lol.

4 Likes

You just made my day by saying right as rain. I’m obsessed with a show called “Call the Midwife” and I had never heard that expression until last week.

2 Likes

Man, I sure hope you can continue on with the rest of your trip as planned! Maybe even get out for a walk around the resort later today. It does suck, but I agree it will be a funny story soon enough.

Can you ask the resort concierge if they have any board games or something for a sick day? Might help relieve some cabin sickness or even get some extra Disney Magic :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like