Coronado Resort Trip, The Year of Our Mouse, 2021

Can’t wait to hear about it.

2 Likes

I love your girls already. They are wise women.

8 Likes

Have a great trip :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LI to Miami is a long drive. Godspeed. So glad you can see your mom. Looking forward to your report.

3 Likes

YAY! I love JJT trip reports! You help so many of us plan such great trips so I’m super excited to see you getting to enjoy one too.

6 Likes

Right? This one right here is an all-time classic:

12 Likes

It sure is a long drive. We’ve got a couple of stopover hotels booked in SC & GA and will probably hit one of them for the night.

On our last trip with Orlando as the first destination we did a straight run, no stopover. My wife only did a few hours of driving - no one was a fan of the overnight portion. Was kind of hard to find nice bathrooms at 2AM, too.

We have a 3rd driver on this trip now with DS18 raring to go, but not so sure my DW is looking forward to him driving us on the highway. :wink:

12 Likes

Just remembered a video my daughter took as we drove through on the non-stop.

As you can tell from the super non-energetic Yay! we were realllly tired. :smiley:

12 Likes

I understand all of that.
Going from Western New York to Orlando was a 21 to 24 hour drive. We normally have the energy to do that on the way down, but we always have to break it up on the way back. The one time we drove back up from Miami I thought we were all going to die. We started in Miami at 8:10 AM, and seven hours later when we were still in Florida, my husband quipped that we should just pull over when we got into Georgia and start a new life.

Bathrooms at 2 AM are the worst.

15 Likes

my husband quipped that we should just pull over when we got into Georgia and start a new life.

LOLOL

You drive long enough and after awhile your head just gets solid.
And I have a thing where I need to wear sunglasses even on overcast days - after several hours of I-95 my eyes start melting.

But…Despite all that I love a good road trip.
Guess it is the chance to just be together and mostly just worry about getting there and having fun and not all the usual stuff.
car

12 Likes

Travel safely.

I approve of Coronado and Animal Kingdom!

4 Likes

i-95 is the worst.

Usually I am mainly a passenger minus the 9PM - 3AM stint I pull on day one of any road trip (we always started out from NY overnight so by breakfast we felt like we were really ON vacation). However, because DH had already gone to SC to start our new life, I had to drive from NY to VA and back a few weeks ago, and then on Sunday I drove from NY to SC for our official move. I’m okay with not manning the wheel for while… I missed the watching the world go by.

8 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot. Did any of the kids help you drive? We did three driving trips to DL from WA State before DD21 had her permit. I was so happy to let her drive at least a little bit! For us it’s an 18 hour drive, so a few hours less than your drive from western NY to WDW.

2 Likes

I also love a good road trip! My DD’s are not as thrilled and would rather fly, unfortunately. But we will be driving down to SoCal to take DD21 back to college and visiting DL at the same time, so I will get my summer road trip one way or the other!

4 Likes

DH and DS21 split the time in the smaller car (with the cats and without cruise control). While I wish I could have been chauffeured, I am glad I didn’t’ have to deal with either of those parts!

5 Likes

For those traveling down I-95 the famous Texas convenience store chain Bu-ee’s has opened a location off of I-95 outside of St. Augustine. 50,000 square foot stores

Nation’s Cleanest Restrooms

7 Likes

While visiting my dad, we were reminiscing about our big move from California to Arizona in the summer of 1973. My dad drove our station wagon with our two goats in the back! :rofl::goat::goat: :cat2: He also had a cat in the car with them. It was nuts and he had to sleep overnight at a rest area with them. He would get them out of the car to walk around and everyone at the rest stop would stop and stare. I was only 7 but remember it well.

12 Likes

JJT’s name has been in my brain since that post first popped up. It’s my absolute favorite post I’ve read on here. And I still feel anxiety thinking about being stuck behind people at the tapstiles in that way.

6 Likes

We are big fans of the road as well. We are in southern NJ - so a little shorter journey than you to WDW. Our family is good about the time on the road, and my daughter has already started hoarding Starbucks gift cards for the ride.

3 Likes

This is the kind of hard-hitting journalism I come here to read!! lol
All kidding aside - thanks for the info. I’ve seen some questionable bathrooms in my trips.

4 Likes