Convince me to go on EE

You guys make me nervous for Splash with my kids. I didn’t do it last trip because of the height restriction but want to do it next trip

I recall going on it when I was 8 and loved it but not sure how my kids will do.

2 Likes

The drop lasts literally 2 seconds. And you can sit next to at least 1, maybe 2 kids. They’ll be ok.

4 Likes

People often don’t realize that those “stomach flip” feelings you get on coasters don’t generally happen on LARGER coasters, only smaller ones. Despite the fact that I love coasters, I still don’t like that feeling in the stomach. Fortunately, most coasters above, say, 100 ft or so tend not to have that.

Now, IMO, EE is the best coaster at Disney. Others say RnRC…but while I like RnRC, I prefer EE because not only is it a lot of fun, but it is a coaster I can ride alongside my 6-year-olds.

There is only one real “drop” on the ride, and it doesn’t give that you stomach-flipping feeling. It is a rather small drop at that which you go into quickly, not with any anticipation that you have on other coasters. The most intense part of the ride is a section where you go backwards in the dark. But it is more disorienting than anything. A lot of fun.

Having said all that, there is no way anyone can convince you it will be fun for you. All you can do is ride it yourself and decide. You might come off it and go, “There is NO WAY I’ll ever ride that again!” But you might also come off and go, “Wow! I did it…and it was kind of fun!”

What I can assure you is that you will come to no harm on it. So even if you don’t end up liking it, you should be able to approach such a ride knowing it is perfectly safe.

2 Likes

Don’t be nervous. The drop on Splash is quick.

1 Like

I LOVED EE - it’s definitely one of my favorite rides at WDW. I love Big Thunder and Splash too. Not a huge fan of Space.

2 Likes

This is excellent advice!

3 Likes

I avoided it for 8 long years after my son (a coster lover) yak’d on that yeti. We actually blame him for breaking it! I finally rode it in February and it was actually a lot of fun.

3 Likes

My very wimpy son loved Splash…and hated everything else–something about that ride is magical!

3 Likes

I survived!

8 Likes

I knew you’d survive. But did you LIKE it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

It wasn’t bad! I didn’t hate it. I think I will like it more after I get used to it. I could even see it as being “fun” eventually :wink:

3 Likes

How was the backwards part? That’s the part that scares me the most!

Pretty intense, but not as bad as I imagined. The 2nd ride through we got car 15… I’m not really a fan of the drop when sitting in the back! The backwards part seems to stay the same intensity regardless of seat though.

Way to go!!

1 Like

Thanks!

Congratulations!!! You did it!!!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Thanks! I’m still on the fence. The drop doesn’t seem as bad to me as the spiraling backwards.

1 Like