Convince me to go on EE

Waiting for the front is good advice, it’s very mild there.

1 Like

Is it mild for the drop? Or mild for the backwards part? Cuz i’m not looking forward to the backwards either…

It’s mild all the way really, definitely for the drop, less so for the backwards bit.

2 Likes

EE is more intense than BTMRR. I don’t think it’s close. I think EE is overall comparable to the Mummy intensity (but with the lights on).

Yeah … the first time I rode Splash I was terrified when the doors opened at the top … but the drop is not too bad. EE looks like a mild drop, but I thought it was pretty substantial (and far worse than Splash) … that drop is the one part I don’t like on EE (I enjoy the backwards part).

3 Likes

I just watched the POV for EE. Too bad I can’t see any of the indoor backwards part… but the backwards part looks LONG! And pretty fast too. I’m wondering if Hagrid’s Motorbike would be an easier next step than EE? If I can actually get a chance to ride it while it’s running…

Having ridden it, I’d say not.

I think the drop on Splash is worse than EE. I don’t know why.

4 Likes

It’s interesting. People can have such different reactions to the same motion. That’s why it’s so hard to advise others on whether they will enjoy a ride.

3 Likes

Have you tried Gringott’s? To me, that is between BTMRR and EE (though closer to BTMRR). I have not ridden Hagrid’s yet, but it sounds more intense than EE.

Yeah, i’ve ridden all the Harry Potter rides. (Except Hagrid’s) They are do-able for me.

Then I think EE or Mummy is the next step up. Since you have tried Mummy, it would be EE for you.

1 Like

I agree with @missoverexcited–the drop on Splash seems worse than EE. EE has a drop with a slight curve and for me that seems to make it less intense.
The backwards part is more intense if you sit toward the back.

4 Likes

This is so funny! My dad made me ride Space Mt when I was 5 or 6 too and I was scared to death. When the ride ended my dad said I was sunk down in my seat so low the bar was at my neck! I went on it last year for the first time since thinking I just didn’t like it cuz I was too young. Um, nope. Still don’t like it. Still feel like I’m going to fall out. But I love the other Disney coasters!

2 Likes

My case: I love BTMRR and Space. Splash is to intense for me. Liked RnR the first time, really couldn’t deal with it the second time, have no plans on doing it again. Hated Tot.

And I love EE! It is probably the most intense coaster I will be able to go and still enjoy. But I do love revenge of the mummy as well. But I like dark and backwards, my problem is with drops.

3 Likes

EE is my next favorite WDW ride after FoP. I wish we had both of them in CA. There’s really no big drop but the backwards “where the hell am I going” feeling can unnerve some. I swear that there is a reverse loop but there is none…Now that’s imagineering!

3 Likes

EE is a GREAT rollercoaster! I highly recommend trying it at least once. With that said, it is the only rollercoaster that makes me nauseous. Most certainly that is due to the brief backward part, which makes me nervous for the Guardians of the Galaxy ride in the future. Without fail, when I ride it I always say that is the last time…and then inevitably go on it again during my next trip.

4 Likes

Mom was so mad at dad when she saw me coming off SM in tears! I was wrecked for the rest of the day. I kept my eyes closed on HM as well, because, well, dad had already broken the bonds of trust between us. #neveragain

1 Like

Do it.

My DH hates heights. He’s a big ol wimpy wimp when it comes to scary (he even sent our son on ToT with me in his place!)

I dragged him on EE. He got off and we made a bathroom on our way out, and i noticed him eying off the defibrillator (which he vehemently denies :joy:).

He will know tell you that after FoP, its his favourite ride.

If you don’t like it you never have to do it again, but you’ll say least know. And you’ll be able to say you’ve done it!

1 Like

Just do it.

1 Like