Convention tickets - any recent success?

what convention did they register with?

For the mutli day tickets that come with a bonus water park visit, I assume that it’s ok to go to the waterpark on the same day as a park visit. Is that correct? Or do I need to make sure to go on a separate day?

I think your best bet is to google “mydisneygroup” and find a live link to buy tickets. The convention I bought tickets through is expired now, but I just googled and picked one that was exactly my dates. I don’t think that is necessary now that tickets seem to be good any time this year (I believe they used to only be good for a couple weeks around the convention dates), but I knew I had to call to pay with gift cards and figured I’d play it safe.

You might want to check out the forum thread Convention Tickets Tip for strategies and tips from Liners.

Some of the discounts you used to get (like parties) are gone from convention sites, but can still get the regular non-date connected tickets etc.

1 Like

thanks all. i have found a few conventions that i could order tickets through, but none that coordinate with my dates. I am buying 9 tickets, so my concern is the cost in that if there are any problems. I have seen in some terms and conditions that it states the ticket must be used within 14 days of the end of the convention or by 12-31-19. that is what makes me nervous. anyone else used convention tickets on a convention that had already passed?

Several liners have used convention tickets on dates completely unrelated to the convention they were purchased for. All reports I’ve heard (and experienced) were that the tickets do not have dates attached to them, except the year-end use by date.

I really haven’t seen any statements they had to be used within the convention time frame and I agree seeing that would make me a little nervous as well. I just checked out a few different convention ticket links and the only restrictions/warnings I saw were tickets needed to be used within 14 days of first use (as has always been the case with non-tiered regular tickets) and must be used by 12/31/2020.

When digging into the detailed convention site terms, I saw the use by date there was 12/31/2019, so once again Disney confusing people.

I do think it is still safe to buy convention tickets, but I understand buying 9 tickets ups the ante. I think if it made me nervous I’d weigh the savings, ticket use flexibility, and free extra WP day against how much I’d worry about it. Plus I’d be sure to check all of the regular resellers and see how much savings I could gather at those.

In general, I think not worrying is a valuable thing when laying out so much money.

1 Like

I have read the threads mentioned, and I am confused on when the tickets expire. When I get to the page that it asks how many days, there is the verbage “Important Multi-day ticket details - tickets and any options purchased must be used within 14 days of first use and must be used before December 31 2020”. Does this mean the tickets would be able to be used next calendar year (I’m looking at April)?

I think I was writing my post above yours at right about the same time you replied. :slight_smile:

So, looking at my image above, the purchasing page says they need to be used by 12/31/2020 - so that means you should be able to use them next April.

But, I also noticed that the long terms of service for convention site still has the 12/31/2019 date listed. I’d kind of assume they just didn’t update that page properly, but of course that could make me a big assumer. :wink:

In general, when Disney tickets aren’t used by whatever use-by date they say on them, it doesn’t mean you can’t still go to guest services and have the value of them applied to new tickets. HOWEVER, convention tickets are a different animal and I think live in a greyer area than regular tickets, so I personally wouldn’t want to have to count on that happening.

I suppose a generic phone call to Disney Preferred Ticket Team ((407) 566-5600) to ask if the 2020 date is the correct one couldn’t hurt(?)

1 Like

yes you are very right!!! worry plays a huge part in my decision. when comparing prices at undercover tourist. it would be right at $3990 total for my 4 day tickets. with the conventions special, it would be $3258 with a free water park day. that is a huge cost savings. So, ultimately, the decision comes down to how much is my peace of mind worth. (I tend to worry to much at times). A personal problem i need to work on. We will also have another roughly 20 people going that could potentially benefit from this. we are going as a family vacation.
this is the link i am looking at purchasing through. https://www.mydisneygroup.com/dreamsunlimited2019/tickets--more#Theme-Park-Tickets
at the mid to bottom of the page it. has these disclosures.
Prices include tax. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable. Must be used within 7 days of the last day of your meeting/convention or by December 31, 2019, whichever comes first. Not valid for separately priced activities/events. Prices subject to change without notice. 1A 1-Day Peak Season Ticket is valid for single-day admission on Peak, Regular and Value Season dates. 2A 1-Day Regular Season Ticket is valid for single-day admission on Regular and Value Season dates. 3A 1-Day Value Season Ticket is valid for single-day admission on Value Season dates

OK, So that particular link looks to me like it is tied to some deal a travel agent has going as opposed to a regular convention. (I suspect this is the travel agent.)

If you choose some of the other regular convention link sites (try this Google search) those restrictions do not show up at all.

Here’s one convention site I tried.

You might want to post a quick question if anyone else has recent success over on chat - you can reach some Liners over there that don’t frequent the forums and might get some more feedback.

1 Like

awesome help and advice… now where is the other chat? is it strictly on the app? or am i missing it. sorry, very new to the forums, but have learned a lot already to prepare for our trip…

1 Like

In addition to the Lines app, you can also use chat on the mobile site in a regular web browser. (That’s what I tend to do when working.)

http://m.touringplans.com/wdw/chats#_chat_page_1

1 Like

based on the feedback, and your help JJT. i think i am going to go ahead and purchase. I am gonna get the two tickets for my parents. and then once i have those successfully linking to my disney experience, then i will order the remainder.
upon linking, there should be no question or issue. is the feeling i am getting. based on the disclosures i see.

so, it would not allow me to process my request online. any tips?

Are there 9 day convention tickets? The most I’ve found is 8 days but we need 9.

unfortunately, the most i have seen is 8. keep in mind the convention ticket gets you 8 days in park plus one free water park day or golf or sports complex… so technically you are getting nine. just 8 for parks and 1 extra

@maryroyal Any update on your purchase? If this works, it will save me quite a bit of cash. Thanks!

well. two of the tickets are for my dad. i have ordered those. waiting on shipment. will update! i will order the others after i confirm no issues with the 2. from what i have seen so far. i should be good. just waiting.

1 Like

I just wanted to add that I spoke with 2 representatives from the convention ticket telephone line today about using tickets a month after the end of a specific convention. My sister is attending a conference in mid-September and was emailed a link for convention tickets. We’re not going to WDW until 10/5/19 and there was fine print on the page for this specific conference that the tickets had to be used within 7 days of the last day of the conference. The first representative said the tickets must be used “during the conference dates or close to those dates,” whatever that means. She didn’t use the 7-day rule and when asked, would not give specific dates that the tickets must be used by. She just kept saying that they’re “supposed to be used for people coming to the conference.” The second representative was adamant that the tickets could be used anytime within 14 days of first use until 12/19/19. She said repeatedly that there were no dates on these tickets. She said we could use them tomorrow if we wanted. We went ahead and purchased the tickets. I printed out the terms and conditions on the purchase page, which are very detailed, and there’s nothing there about using within 7 days of the last day of the conference.

Obviously, I don’t know yet whether we will have a problem but I will report back. However, I wanted to add that the 2nd rep. also said repeatedly that there were changes coming to convention tickets next month (July) and advised purchasing very soon. She didn’t know or wouldn’t say what the changes were but I got the feeling like they had something to do with dates on the tickets.

1 Like

Thank you for this tidbit!