Controversial Crocs announcement

Yes. You people made me watch The Incredibles, which is two hours long. That alone took me into the early hours of Monday.

Your time or ours.

Matters.

Greenwich Mean.

Then I don’t care.

We made you watch??? How did we do that? And what did you think? It’s one of my favorites.

(I did give a bit of a directive for him to correct the lack of “cartoons” :roll_eyes: viewing in the last days before his trip)

But you didn’t make him, though. Or did you? :smile:

I felt pressured by a hostile and bullying environment.

I posted a review on another thread. My summary: meh.

2 Likes

Oh no, I certainly did not make anyone do anything.

Except I maybe did make my son wear “handsome clothes” for his sister’s dance recital last night, which resulted in a pretty severe tantrum (him not me, to be clear)

2 Likes

That’s rather cisnormative of you. (What? It’s 2018. This is what the cool kids say now.)

It’s something my nephew always said when he was small: “Mammy, you aren’t going to get me HANDSOME clothes again are you??!!”

So it’s something my family has adopted when we talk about dressing up, even a little. And trust me this was bare minimum - dressy shorts and a polo! But he is all about the athletic wear these days!

It’s kind of like how we still say something is “insuskin” (disgusting) from my daughter’s mispronunciation at age 2.5, or how we still call Fruit Loops (cereal) Fyoop Yoops because that’s how my son said it when he was small.

I’m very careful in general about using inclusive language :wink: Just now, in fact, I sent an email in which I said I have a repair person (vs repairman) coming tomorrow to fix my central air which has quit now that its going to be 99 in the shade :cry:

2 Likes

I used to work for the Open University in the UK, which has a higher than average proportion of women working for it.

One time I sent out an e-mail asking for volunteers to “help man the stall” at a conference.

It was made clear to me that we don’t “man” things any more. We “staff” them.

2 Likes

Working in a predominantly female environment (and in my specialty - obstetrics - all the more so!) we have to be careful to be inclusive in the other direction.

1 Like

Right. Here we go. I warned you this would happen. You have only yourselves to blame. May God have mercy on your souls.

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

My 6 year old had a tendency to confuse the words handsome and naked, so around here “handsome clothes” would mean birthday suit!!

3 Likes

And now we’re back to the shirt/no-shirt discussion :laughing:

3 Likes

Omg. This thread just gets better and BETTER.

My new dream is to be at WDW when ProfMatt is.

Just to confirm he is just as hilarious in real life.

Wait, maybe that’s creepy.

Hrmmm.

But that pink bow tie & black crocs…

Only thing that would make either of them better? Covered in crystals!!! (Which I do to my shoes, and my boys each have a crystal Bow tie. My DH won’t wear one though!)

4 Likes

Just actually read this whole thread. Thanks for the laugh! Way to start the day!

2 Likes