Controversial Crocs announcement

I’m not going to deny you wearing crocs with socks. Carry on…

My shoes are custom made for me and very expensive. They cannot get wet but it rains every day As such, I am a sock and sandals guy when at WDW. I don’t care what others thin; I’m just going to take care of me.

2 Likes

No judgement here señor. Sock on!!!

1 Like

Just make sure your feet stay out of the crocodiles.

3 Likes

I’m not going to judge here. After all I wear what we call a bum bag whilst at Disney and really don’t care!

But can you wear flip flops or a pair of canvass shoes at the pool? They would be much less hassle to carry round.

2 Likes

If I wanted to wear my Crocs at V&A, and they had some issue with it, I’d gladly spend my money elsewhere. If some people have some need to avert their eyes from my awful footwear not being up to their hilariously made up standard, so they could find some reason to feel superior, that’s their issue. (Truth be told, i kinda like to shock people. I dress like a hobo, my wife has given up trying to get me to dress presentably. I’m the guy wearing torn shirts, and complaining that the “Signature Restaurants” are really not that good at all.)

Profmatt - go ahead and PROUDLY rock the sox&crox look. If anyone gives you that “look,” make sure to acknowledge it - maybe look them in the eye, and then lift your footwear up for them to get an even better look, and just say, “Yup!”

Honestly, folks need to get over their need to feel superior. I’m not trying to impress you, and I definitely do not need to impress me.

There’s an old saying, “Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.” Well, I did that for a while, and now I have the job I want. I work at home 4 days per week in my underwear with the tv on.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Fox in socks with Crocs in box…

I can’t imagine anyone will care if you wear socks with your Crocs, and if they do, who cares?

3 Likes

Omg. This gets better and better.

My dad wears crocs with socks, as does my mom.

Sooooo, I guess you did admit you were older right?

:joy::joy::joy:

Croc & sock away!

I am NOT old enough to be your father.

1 Like

I think your feet will hurt.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I know. But I just couldn’t resist. It’s too much fun!!!

If it’s any consolation, I used to own crocs. Like 9 years ago. I was going through a really rough time in my life and didn’t care if my feet hurt.

Which they did. I wore them once and then gave them away.

My kids LOVE them. They just hurt my feet. Hats off to you for wearing what is comfortable! I wear comfortable shoes…that most people think I’m crazy to wear!

Lol

I have NEVER found Crocs to be comfortable. But I’ve been known to tour in Vibram Five Fingers - now there’s a fashion statement…

3 Likes

Are they at least colored socks? Or have a design on them? I mean because if you are gonna go…go big! :rofl:

1 Like

Well, if you dressed in your underwear at work, it is no wonder you’re now working at home.

This is me. My wife loves her Crocs. She tried to get me to buy some. But I couldn’t understand the love. I couldn’t stand them in the store. Depending the style, they just kind of flop around on your feet and you have to walk funny to keep them on. If you get ones smaller so that they don’t so that, they just make your feet sweat.

Fortunately, my wife’s love affair with Crocs has ended and she’s moved on to more sensible footwear…and, actually, more comfortable. She stopped wearing Crocs when she tried to wear them all day long on some trip and ended with problems as a result. (I forget now it it was blisters or what.) So, while they were comfortable for short excursions, not ideal for all-day walking.

2 Likes

I suppose this is no more controversial than the decision to allow men to start wearing dress shoes without socks with long pants. Craziest style I ever did see, but we are going on a year or two and it is still being highlighted in catalogs, etc.

I find my Crocs extremely comfortable at home, where I wear them like slippers.

When I have worn them outdoors, I have found they can rub, which is why I’m going to pair them with socks. I’m only planning on wearing them for a half day, which will involve walking from the Poly to the TTC, around FutureWorld and then to YC.

1 Like

I love mine, too! Wearing some right now in fact - pink ones I got for Disneybounding as Daisy for MNSSHP last September!

1 Like

This!

You know, I believe the nursing profession could single-handedly keep Crocs as a company solvent. When my wife or I have been in the hospital, it seems that like 75% of the nurses are wearing Crocs. One of our good friends who is a nurse basically lives in her Crocs while working.

I presume you wear your Crocs at work as well?

1 Like