Confirmed: CHAPEK OUT!

Looking forward to the Disney+ documentary …
Meanwhile, Mr. Iger, I’m in need of an early dinner reservation at ‘Ohana next month. :grin:

5 Likes

I’ve watched animated movies made for kids, with my kids, when they were kids. None of them were riveting and certainly didn’t make tons of money. It’s the animated movies that resonate with adults that do that and win awards. I guess he never noticed that.

7 Likes

Me, too, but I must go to sleep…

3 Likes

Along the lines of what others posted above:

https://twitter.com/mostlychaseh/status/1594527917278695424?s=46&t=SikQWi1X2QbdLVXLzOWTMg

13 Likes

Twitter is killing me. Can’t wait to see all the memes
:joy:

https://twitter.com/birdman_dad/status/1594538397489836033?s=21&t=6Ub0eFrd5SAgKOVfd8syng

12 Likes

Dear Fellow Employees and Cast Members,

It is with an incredible sense of gratitude and humility -and, I must admit, a bit of amazement -that I write to you this evening with the news that I am returning to The Walt Disney Company as Chief Executive Officer.

When I look at the creative success of our teams across our Studios, Disney General Entertainment, ESPN and International, the rapid growth of our streaming services, the phenomenal reimagining and rebound of our Parks, the continued great work of ABC News, and so many other achievements across our businesses, I am in awe of your accomplishments and I am excited to embark with you on many new endeavors.

I know this company has asked so much of you during the past three years, and these times certainly remain quite challenging, but as you have heard me say before, I am an optimist, and if I learned one thing from my years at Disney, it is that even in the face of uncertainty -perhaps especially in the face of uncertainty – our employees and Cast Members achieve the impossible.

You will be hearing more from me and your leaders tomorrow and in the weeks ahead. In the meantime, allow me to express my deep gratitude for all that you do. Disney holds a special place in the hearts of people around the globe thanks to you, and your dedication to this company and its mission to bring joy to people through great storytelling is an inspiration to me every single day.

Bob Iger

14 Likes

It was his WSJ interview. The interviewer was leading the poor guy along into saying some really dumb things. It’s like they wanted him to open up mouth and insert both feet.

3 Likes

Not me. Someone once said when there’s cheering in the streets when you lose your job: you done f’d up.

Also, finally, a story where “BREAKING” in the title is actually called for….and not for just another cupcake. :rofl:

14 Likes

One thing I’ll say: I follow a fair number of Disney creatives on Twitter and they tend to like Iger better, to put it mildly. They don’t even hide it. That speaks volumes to me.

The creative side, not the business side, drives Disney and gives it life, not just for an economic cycle, but immortality that will last long past the time when all of us are gone. The fact that creatives at Disney trust Iger gives me hope.

20 Likes

Meh…D’Amaro has a pretty kickable face. I think i’ll be ok :laughing:

9 Likes

Also me

13 Likes

D’Amaro has shown the ability to suck up to whomever his boss may be.

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Truthfully, i don’t expect anything to change for a while. This move is for the company outside the parks as “Carlyle Wisel” alluded to. Though really, outside of the parks, I can’t really spot where the errors are in the company other than the obvious public kerfluffles (sp?) that kept happening with Chapek and Co. Corporate wise though: things seemed kinda normal for them? The parks are a chore, but that’s D’amaro’s wheelhouse, it wasn’t chapek’s.

Ain’t that the truth. :unamused:

5 Likes

I very much need to see the video of this.

3 Likes

Interesting. It appears the guy who trained up Chapek is back. I suspect it is temporary until he can train up someone else for the CEO position. Iger wanted out for a reason. He’ll still want out.

Will Iger need to hire back those Chapek axed and saw as a threat so that he can have them refill his shoes?

I just don’t think Iger is a good choice as CEO…but what other choice did Disney have this quickly? (That’s a legit question…)

2 Likes

agreed but I bet there will be some kinda of meaningless boo-boo present to hold us over…he knows how to schmooze the public. Ya know like oh here is a postcard with Mickey on it addressed to AP & key holders says whoops sorry the last guy was mean…Chapek is gotten get scapegoated worse than ever now…

4 Likes

Alls im sayin’ is…that park hopping restriction is gettin’ a lil’ ripe over there… maybe it should go away? :smirk:

(Ignore the fact that this was rumored to be happening for a while) :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Well, it does say Iger’s in for two years. Sounds temporary to me.

5 Likes

“stepping down effective immediately”

Stepped down or was pushed?

4 Likes