Coming soon: New Fastpass+ Availability Pages

@len @Lentesta if we add our own FPP times, will the software still “ignore” them and not use them in the TP? Or will it now accept entered FPP times and just adjust around them?

It may still not use them, if it thinks they’re not useful.

One of the decisions the software has to make is on the minimum amount of wait for which a Fastpass+ is useful. Right now I have that set to 15, so that any wait of 15 or under, doesn’t get a Fastpass+.

I’m not entirely convinced that 15 is the right number. It might be 10. And I might make this a configurable option, so that you can set it to 5, 10, or whatever.

Let me get through finding the right strategy, then we can tune the parameters.

2 Likes

Thanks Len. Looking forward to all the updates.

Thanks for the update! Excited to see the feature on Lines this week! I look forward to using it in the parks next month.

@len and all - This is very impressive. When Len says that the programming is complicated he is not exaggerating :). From a programming standpoint - it is very hard to deal with “Real Time” data that is constantly changing. Heck - even big corporations have problems with this - think Best Buy, etc around Christmas when they put out an online sale - you order an item and then a week later you get a cancelation notice because they could not keep track of the “Real Time” inventory and oversold. This is a great deal for what small amount of money we are paying! Anyway - I just wanted to let you and all of the other people who work there kknow how completely blown away I and probably everyone else is by what you are implementing, and that I understand how difficult it is. Thank You!

1 Like

I also saw that you fixed your Nov 2 bug :).

1 Like

FastPass+ Availability is now accessible via the the Lines app (or mobile site at Lines). The information presented is the same as what’s on the full web site.

It should be fairly easy to find: there are links on the main menu and in the attractions lists for each park, and if you tap on an attraction, you’ll see its availability.

I hope you all find this useful!

8 Likes

Thank you! It is an awesome feature!

1 Like

This. Is. Awesome.

2 Likes

wow. just. wow.

2 Likes

I’m finding a difference between what is posted on touring plans and what I can get from Disney for Fastpass+. Is there a reason for that? For example, touring plans is telling me there is 7DMT available in 30 days, but Disney won’t give me anything regardless of my party size.

Not sure but if you look at the Touring Plans FP+ Availability pages, they report the time and date of the last update. Could it be that you were trying several hours or even a half day later than the FP+ pages were updated? At 30 days, they disappear fast!

I don’t think that is the issue I am having. The touring plans list does refresh often. Last night it said there were FP+ available for 7DMT, then this morning when I tried to book Disney had none. I checked again in the afternoon on touring plans and it said there were some, but when I logged into Disney there wasn’t it. Maybe Disney is not letting me access all that are available for some reason?

In my understanding TouringPlans shows you FP availability for a party of 1. Most people, however, are not booking FPs for only one person. You best bet may be to book them one at a time and to look for overlapping windows.

Question about this.

I;ve been using this tool to help me figure out some timing, but my big question is, how accurate are the windows compared to what I will see in the app?
I get that the site is mainly a reference, but are the windows that are provided the only windows that they give for the day?

So when I go into the MDE app on my 60 day, assuming these slots are still available, would the only 2 windows in the 1 o’clock hour be 1:25 and 1:50? or will there be a smattering of other times in there as well?

They give a span of times every 5 minutes. On the app when you click 12:00, you can get FPP at 12:00, 12:05, 12:10, 12:15, 12:20, etc etc.

Keep in mind these availability are for one person at a given point of time.