Coming soon: New Fastpass+ Availability Pages

Thanks @david!!! I"ll pass that along!!

this is such an unbelievably awesome planning tool. @david and @len, you guys have seriously gone above and beyond with this. I assume this is only available on the site to subscribers? thanks again!

1 Like

I want to :heart: these comments. Great suggestions by users and great answers by the TP team. Thank you

1 Like

Itā€™s SOOOO helpful to see the availability of some headliners in the morning for today, even as Iā€™m planning for a later date. It helps to actually SEE that I can Rope Drop some headliners, FPP some others, and likely still have some extra FPP availability for later. SUPER useful in SO many ways.

Very cool @Lentesta. Thank you for the suggestion on jumping to a later date @david.

That crumb is not intended to go back to a FastPass+ listing for all the parks. Itā€™s under Magic Kingdom, and it will return you to the current date. Iā€™ll probably just remove the link so that people donā€™t think it does something other than what it does.

Iā€™m speechless. This is awesome. That other FPP tool being passed around has nothing on this layout. Very nice!

Truth.

This is awesome. The availability for 1 at SDMT on the day and time I want is killing me. Wonā€™t show for my party of 4. Looking forward to the 4-person version!

Itā€™s showing availability to 8:30 on party nights. Is that right? I thought there was no fastpass during the party.

Question: How often does each page refresh? It is 1:06 PM Eastern on 10/24. When I look at FP Availability for 10/29 MK, for example, it shows that the most recent refresh for that day happened b/w 6:01 & 6:03 AM. I tried reloading the page and it remains at 6:03 AM.

Our FPP Availability tool is currently not useful for notifying you that a FastPass+ selection you want is available. That would be great functionality, but itā€™s not something we can offer today.

For clarity, note that:

1. This is not a ā€œliveā€ view into all the available FastPass+ selections in Disneyā€™s inventory. We are providing a snapshot of availability for a party of 1 at a particular point in time.

2. Updates for future dates are not frequently executed.

3. By the time that youā€™d look at our page and see that something is available, even if you have a party of 1, itā€™s quite possible that someone else has grabbed it.

This availability tool is more useful for giving you an overview of the sort of FastPass+ selections that are available.

Any insight into the 8:30 fastpass listing??

@mexdonaldrocks, do you have an example of a date where FastPass+ availability is shown for 8:30 pm on a party night? I took a look at the next two parties (October 26 and 28) and saw no windows that ended beyond 7:00 pm.

As far as I know, Disney is not offering FastPass+ during its parties. If weā€™re showing that, itā€™s probably an error, and Iā€™d want to investigate that.

If anyone is interested, easy navigation among dates and parks has been added to the FastPass+ Availability pages. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Thanks!!!

@david I was looking at November 20. I saw one that had a FP for 7:30-8:30.

@david. Now I only see until 6:30. I was looking at the meet with mickey and the meet with cinderella. Seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks!

Any update on the 60 day out timeframe or 4 pass availability ? Iā€™m almost to 30 days out and anxious to be able to use the new availability page. Also, I read in another thread that there is a function being worked on that will show FPP availability for chosen attractions when creating a touring plan. Is that still in the works? Iā€™m also wondering why Thanksgiving Day, the last day showing on the availability page, doesnā€™t show as many attractions as the previous pages.

Weā€™re adding the FP+ pages to Lines this week, then weā€™ll start looking at the 60-day timeframe. That will probably take around 30 days of development to make stable enough for daily use.

Weā€™re still working on the new FP+ code for the touring plans. When done, itā€™ll use the current FP+ availability to recommend the FP+ you should make in advance. Itā€™ll also tell you the 4th, 5th (and beyond) Fastpass to get when youā€™re in the parks.

Both the advance FP and day-of FP decisions will be based on whatā€™s available now, and whatā€™s likely to be available on the day of your visit.

That programming is very complicated. Iā€™m still working through the strategy for making those decisions. I hope to have it done by end of November.

2 Likes