Coming Soon: Disney MagicMobile Service

I’ve set mine up — or so I thought. It’s been stuck at “Activating” in my Apple Wallet for hours. Is this normal?

3 Likes

For Disney IT? Probably. Should it be like that? Probably not.

8 Likes

This person had the same problem and said to add a password or Face ID set up first, then try adding to your wallet.

https://twitter.com/magicking__/status/1377066106934935559?s=21

1 Like

I did the old delete-then-restore trick. Which worked. Yay.

All I have to do now is actually fricken go to Disney World.

3 Likes

I ran out of battery waiting for our BTMR FP to be good once and that was that in DLR. would have loved a magic band then. Back to the room it was instead.

2 Likes

Don’t worry. This is what your new MagicBand will look like in the future:

You wear this to power the phone when you are running low on juice in the parks so that you can do all the things you used to be able to do with the old, out of date, MB technology! :wink:

2 Likes

I am thinking of investing in some portable chargers. Is that a legit portable charger? ;-).

I don’t think that exact one is sold any longer. But here is one that is…I cannot vouch for it, but it comes in different options:

https://www.markandgraham.com/products/monogrammed-iphone-charging-bracelet/?catalogId=62&sku=9149779&cm_ven=FreePLA&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=Accessories%20>%20Tech%20Accessories&region_id=668460

1 Like

ooooooohhhhh, thank you for sharing this! Mine is adding now :wink:

Ok, well since now Apple watches can officially replace magicbands now.

Get on it, Disney. It’s really the only reason we keep getting MBs, because of the designs. I’ll gladly fork over a few bucks for watch bands (so long as they’re not stupid expensive of course).

4 Likes

Why does this remind me of handcuffs? :no_mouth:

1 Like

It does.

I am in no way endorsing such things, BTW. I only posted them as a joke, really.

1 Like

2 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl:

I haven’t looked b/c I don’t own an apple watch but I’m surprised they aren’t selling bands already? My collection of MBs is ridiculous!

2 Likes

That was a helpful read. Now, we need to improve the battery life of our devices so we don’t have to carry a charger around w/ us. Oh wait… there are charger handcuffs :joy::rofl::joy:

2 Likes

So am I. And my collection has also grown to be “so many that I would have to trade one out 3x a day in order to use all of them…hopefully.”

What I want to know is: will it still say “Welcome home!” at the tapstyle if not using a MB. Cause that’s my favorite new feature.

2 Likes

I love this too!!!

1 Like

I have about half a dozen unused MBs. As well as half a dozen that have seen active service. (I may have a problem.)

My question now: will I ever wear a MB again? If the Apple Watch thing actually works, I can free myself from Disney handcuffs.

1 Like