Coming Soon: Disney MagicMobile Service

What will become of Magicbands, Disney MagicMobile to replace it (FIXED IT) supplement it!

2 Likes

Meh. I really don’t want MagicBands to go away. It’s so nice to walk around and not be glued to my phone.

22 Likes

It does say they are bringing out more MBs. I don’t think they are going anywhere.

I saw that but I’m always worried this will be a way of phasing them out. I hope they keep MBs forever.

2 Likes

I like them too, I’d much rather that than be on my phone.

5 Likes

As long as I can make FPs on it, we’re good.

If people will continue to buy them, Disney will continue selling them.

5 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

And their are sooo many fun MBs too. Plus they sell limited editions. I got the FARTS one last month.

3 Likes

So you can buy a Magic band for $15 or use an app on your phone for “FREE”.

I wonder how much that “FREE” app will end up costing you in the end or how much money Disney will make off of data gathered from that “FREE” app.

With technology, anytime you get something for free, you are not the customer, you are the product. Keep in mind Disney now considers itself to be a Technology Company, not an Entertainment Company.

9 Likes

I don’t think they are planning to phase them out.

From the article: “Guests may choose to use Disney MagicMobile service or a MagicBand – pick whichever option works best for you during your visit. You can even use both and alternate between the two for added flexibility. We’ll also soon be introducing more MagicBands in trendy new colors and fun designs featuring favorite Disney characters and stories.”

2 Likes

Also, out of the parks, my phone is pretty much always charged, because I’m never on it.

I notice a significant drain when I’m in the parks looking for dining options or checking times or even just checking to see if I missed a call from DH/DS.

I haven’t clicked the article yet, but I can only imagine the drain that would be to my already spoiled, non used phone.

And people like my DH who is ALWAYS on his phone talking to clients during trips, his battery will never survive it. I’m already freaking out at the thought of trying to do a trip report and if my battery can handle it, I know it won’t if I have to rely on my phone for everything else a MB normally would do. (yes, remembering I can still buy one. I’m just being ornery.)

1 Like

Devil’s advocate. My DH HATES mb’s He can’t stand wearables. He misses the card you could swipe/tap. He might actually prefer this if his battery hold up.

I dislike that apple changed their battery usage. The way I use my phone on vacation vs at home is so vastly different. Their “normal usage” calculator doesn’t seem to take that into accountability.

1 Like

I think they still offer the Key to the World card.

3 Likes

Agreed. I think you can ask for one either at the hotel’s front desk or at Guest Services.

3 Likes

Thank you! He loves it, he’ll be thrilled.

1 Like

Also, you can carry portable charging blocks into the park. That’s what I always do.

2 Likes

@alpha_foxtrot says she is going to be that guest to bring her big iPad for this. I suggested she use it film everything (rides, shows, fireworks).

3 Likes

This is all well and good until your phone dies…will purchase MB as backup!

2 Likes

Apple first…because a significant number of Android phones don’t have NFC. Wonder how they plan to make this work without NFC on phones (including my own). I also can’t use my phone to unlock my room door at the Disney resorts.

1 Like