Code Red: This is not a drill

A few years ago I added a whole bunch of park ambiance mp3s to my phone as work commute music. My kids think I’m weird, but that was probably going to happen anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The problem is definitely I want to go to there every time I play one.

6 Likes

I have those ASMR room videos on rotation for background noise/music. I love the one where you can hear a pen writing on parchment.

4 Likes

My kids already know I’m weird. I listen to this in the car always.

https://www.subsonicradio.com/

They have an app.

3 Likes

Oh! I am very tardy!! Catching up…

February is a great time to go! I’m going Jan. 31, 2023 - Feb. 05, 2023! My AP runs out on Feb. 8th

Mardi Gras is at that time as well. While I didn’t enjoy any of the food booths, the parades and atmosphere was great!

My current rate is $89 at Dockside… The parks close at 7pm on week nights and 8pm on Sat. and Sunday… Volcano Bay closes at 5pm

The wifi does suck at both Endless Summer Resorts inside the building. I upgraded my data plan for the trip and it did like while in the hotel. I was often typing a TR at night that I could upload until I got to the bus in the morning!

I had this same debate this entire year. When I started my AP year, I had four very budget minded trips. These trips have been so much fun and RELAXING! Now, I’ve got six trips planned and my budgets have become more flexible.

I had to tell myself… “I may never have this opportunity to do something like this again. … I work hard and I have the means…”

One of the biggest lessons I’ve learned from going to UOR in 2022 is, “If there is something you want to see or do and it’s available - do it!” This applies not only to theme parks, but to life in general.

Sometimes just wanting something is a “good enough” reason to do it. Hope to see you in February!

9 Likes

You don’t think you’ll renew?

What are the odds for @darkmite2 adding two days to the end of his trip by year end?? :laughing::dollar::dollar:

10 Likes

Any chance on a swing by WDW before 2/4? We are missing you at universal by days!

2 Likes

I know! I’m looking at cutting off a day. However, I think my own speech from above is putting an end to that. The extra day is only going to cost $200 total (maximum). Plus, the flight home is better!

It’s not a money situation, but rather time. I get to go so much this year because I didn’t take a single day off during COVID. My office was closed for 2+ years, but I came in. I just don’t have the PTO for more trips like this next year. I will consider renewing though. I need to see the discount. I have some flight credits and the AP will pay for itself in one trip. I just might only go once or twice… I’m about 70%/ 30% not going to renew.

I’ve seriously considered a one day “pop over” to WDW. However, I’m going to go to SeaWorld. It’s a place that I’ve always wanted to go ever since I was a kid. My wife & daughter have zero interest in going there. So this is probably my only opportunity to “sneak” over there!

Orlando Informer has a ticket that is the same price as the Main Gate. However, it includes the all day dining plan.

Besides, if I came over to WDW I’d be so anxious to cram in all that I could rather than hanging out and enjoying it! I wouldn’t even know which park(s) I’d want to see! (uggghhhh even thinking about a WDW trip makes me anxious!) :crazy_face:

6 Likes

No worries. Just needed to ask. I’m sorry about adding to your anxiety. Anxiety sucks!

2 Likes

Not real anxiety!! Just thinking about the “hoops” I’d have to jump through just to go to one day at WDW made me go :face_vomiting:!!

I admit though… I’m looking at rates for the weekend before. It’s really only about $300! (plus food)

2 Likes

:smiling_imp:. Just be aware that there is some big Christian rock festival at Universal the weekend of the Jan 27th. That’s why we are switching to WDW.

3 Likes

Yes. For Rock the Universe, USF closes at 6:00 Friday and Saturday. IOA should be normal hours.

4 Likes

Pretty sure I’m going to take the bus to Busch Gardens on Friday then. I was trying to figure out which day to go, so there’s my mind made for me.

2 Likes

I’ve gotten to see many in that line up in person! I didn’t realize until just now how long Casting Crowns as been around… I saw them in 2008. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Only one I’ve seen from the line up is Zach Williams. He was the intro to a FK&C concert a few years ago.

I am partial to him. He and Dolly Patron’s duets are amazing.

1 Like

Agree 100%!

1 Like

That’s awesome! Thank you for telling us about it. Just downloaded the app.

1 Like

Feb is an awesome time to go to UOR. A wizarding robe is the perfect layering garment when the weather is a tish cold. So, during EA you use the hood and overlap close the front. By the afternoon you have the front completely open. Also, the hood is a hat that can’t fly off. The robes are too hot for summer.

4 Likes