Code Red: This is not a drill

Also: paging @darkmite2

1 Like

:grimacing:

4 Likes

Itā€™s all feeling a bit doomed. Iā€™m playing the Harmonious soundtrack to cheer myself. Clearly that will not be its effect.

Thanks for sharing this! I canā€™t believe how big the playlist isā€¦

4 Likes

8 hours in Dumbledores Office!!!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve done several UOR-only trips, though never for a full week. I think Iā€™d end up taking the bus trip to Busch Gardens one of the days.

Since Iā€™m going to be there 1/25-1/27 now, Iā€™m gonna show up and laugh about math.

4 Likes

Get out.

3 Likes

Iā€™m even going to wear a shirt with a math joke on it. I have more than one. :innocent: :nail_care:

7 Likes

You should be in jail.

1 Like

Surfsideā€¦it wasnā€™t the greatest. It got the job done on the forum - but I donā€™t think I couldā€™ve streamed for along time (though I only tried using it at nightā€¦when I assume everyone else was also using it)

Reasons I want to book another Orlando trip:

1. I have a UOR AP. I want to make the most of it.
  2. I have Gold status with Virgin Atlantic. I want to make the most of it.
  3. Harmonious (there might be a side trip to Epcot) makes me happy in a way very few other things do and the idiots at Disney are shutting it down.
  4. I have an inexplicable emotional connection to WWOHP.
  5. You only live once.
  6. Life is short.
  7. Strike while the iron is hot.

Reasons I really shouldnā€™t book another trip:

1. I wonā€™t allow myself to take the time off work, so Iā€™ll have to work and @OBNurseNH is probably right.
  2. Even if I donā€™t take time off work, I will have to miss some work days, e.g. travel days.
  3. Although I can find the money to do it, thatā€™s not what that money is for.
  4. Only a monster abandons his beloved dog to go on yet another self-indulgent holiday.

I took trips to Orlando in February and March this year because I literally felt like I had to for the sake of my mental health. And I stand by those trips. But the trip Iā€™m currently pricing up isnā€™t like that. Itā€™s a want not a need. Iā€™m not feeling like if I donā€™t get away Iā€™m going to lose it. And I do have December, April and June to look forward to.

Ugh. Stupid jobs. Stupid money. Stupid far away countries.

4 Likes

She usually is

2 Likes

Not to make enemies of the math crowd, but I am certain that your Dec trip will be so epic that you will be living off those memories through at least April. You would lose out on the joy of perfecting the April and/or June trips if your turn around was just a few weeks.

(Calvin made me write that.)

5 Likes

Itā€™s probably that regular rooms are available at PBH but only fancy rooms at sapphire falls.

1 Like

Were you by chance looking at the times around 2/20? If so thatā€™s why hotels arenā€™t cheapā€¦ thatā€™s Presidentā€™s Day here and lots of schools take a 4-day weekend as sort of a winter break so it can be busy at the parks that weekend and the days around it.

2 Likes

So he needs to look at a few days later! Like the 23rd or 25th!

Have you considered January? I donā€™t know what flight prices are like, but I booked RPR Jan 16-19 for $254/night with AP rate.

1 Like

We went through MVT travel for insanely cheap rates for Portofino Bay the week of 2/18-2/25. Maybe check them out?

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I have too. It will be busy, especially at the beginning of the week because of Presidentā€™s weekend, but weā€™ll have Express Pass so it wonā€™t be too bad.

1 Like