Cinderella... 12 years later

Wow! She is gorgeous and the dress is perfection.
She’s not even my kid and I got a little tear in my eye! They grow up so darn fast.

4 Likes

This is awesome! Beautiful girl in a beautiful dress and she sounds like an amazing human too!

4 Likes

Ohhhh yes. That time i picked the wedding dress my mom hated. My bff from back in the day and i still talk about how unhappy mama booth was with my (conservative, cheap) choice. :woman_shrugging: my mom is awesome but holding her tongue isnt her fave thing to do lol

4 Likes

Also, lucite shoes are a must, and are no longer just for exotic dancing apparently (ugh i sound so old and judgy, but they really are no longer tied solely to that profession). That glass slipper vibe!!!

2 Likes

Last September when robotics was gearing up, the kid in our house introduced a pronoun button* that the students and adult mentors all embraced. With relief.

*all the robotics teams seem to design and make their own buttons to trade at competitions.

Good job, mom!! :bowing_woman:

3 Likes

Same situation here :cry:

@OBNurseNH Your daughter is beautiful, the dress is perfect, and I hope she has a wonderful time at the Prom. I can definitely relate to your Mom feelings here. So proud, but where did the years go?

4 Likes

I paid for a bridesmaid dress that I never got to wear :grimacing: I couldn’t figure out what to do with it. It was a couple hundred dollars and altered so I couldn’t return it. Someone suggested donating it to organizations that give prom dresses to teens that are unable to buy one. I gave this dress and DD went through her closet and donated several dressed, each one only worn a couple hours. I suggest doing this for anyone with used fancy dresses that, lets face it, will probably not be worn again.

7 Likes

@OBNurseNH I LOVE this dress! DD is beautiful and that color is great on her! Definitely full circle from a little princess! Hope it’s a great night for DD & gf!

3 Likes

@darkmite2 and @drvillarejos

When our youngest needed a prom dress we went shopping. Given her demonstrated unlikelihood of making up her mind in the first several stores, I was prepared for a full day of shopping.

First store, second dress and she was smitten. Severely. I checked the price tag - $200. Bit higher than I’d anticipated but hey - 1st, 2nd dress. And it fit like a dream - length and all!

She didn’t realize the price until we were driving away. I don’t recall now usual prom dress prices in 1985 but I was a happy camper. She was not and vowed to wear that dress as her wedding dress.

Which she did two years later. The dress was white, off the shoulder. I sewed an under blouse of matching lace with a sweetheart neckline and stand up collar, elbow length sleeves.

Happy days all around.

5 Likes

Love the dress. Maybe she needs the adult version of the Cinderella makeover during your next Dis trip! Ya know, practice the look for prom!

2 Likes

I was totally thinking how perfect that would be but I am not taking that dress on a plane to WDW before prom. If it were after…

5 Likes

Good thinking–but maybe a regular blue dress for practice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the magic with us!
Your daughter makes that dress totally stunning.

And holy rabies, it was almost ten years ago when we went shopping for my oldest DD’s prom dress!
Math be damned, that’s impossible

3 Likes

My DD dress is iridescent / shiny / color changing. I guess she could get married in it!

4 Likes

Beautiful!!! :heart:

1 Like

Had to share my DD’s princessy prom dress here. More of a Belle than a Cinderella but equally beautiful!

19 Likes

So beautiful!

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

That’s stunning :yellow_heart::yellow_heart::yellow_heart:
Congrats to your DD.

1 Like

Stunning!

1 Like