Christmas Party dates and Prices

Yep. Switching to Incognito mode worked and I got them.

1 Like

Awesome!!

Thanks! I was able to pull my cart up in a different browser (Edge instead of Chrome) and complete checkout that way!

1 Like

It was strange, when I went through incognito, when I got to the page with my cart it had a total of 4 tickets (from my first attempt, I guess) so I just removed those and was able to complete the checkout. At least that is done!

1 Like

Thanks for posting! This combined with incognito and I was able to purchase my tickets before 7am!

5 Likes

Once granted access into the queue I kept getting the “tickets not available” message. I called right at 7:00 and was on hold for 30 minutes. While on hold I decided to try online again and it finally allowed me to purchase at 7:30. While I enjoyed listening to the theme for CoP, WTP, HM and Main Street USA over and over again - I’ve gotta get to work. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

It was a bit of a morning and I am still struggling to get a couple of transactions done. The system has been very wonky; it works then it doesn’t and then it does. I have been online and also on the phone. But I have a lot of very happy people already, and I am not worried about getting the rest done too!

7 Likes

No problem for me as my agent Kim Fanning was able to get our date for the Disney Very Merriest After Hours Tickets & received the confirmation at 6:38am EST

I had missed this thread somehow earlier, but my wife brought it up to me today.

Yes, it is expensive. Obviously.

But…something that occurs to me is that this event is different from anything done before, as it is essentially a hybrid event. As such, you might argue it is an After Hours event combined with what amounts to a variation on a dessert party…in that, there will be special fireworks viewing due to extremely limited crowds. (Honestly, do people pay for the dessert party for…the desserts?) Possibility for TWO fireworks viewings. Plus, you get some “party” aspects, such as the parade.

So, if you add $125 AH price with ~$80 for a dessert party, you are looking about the same cost, give or take.

Can’t say if we’ll pay it or not. We are too far out, plus don’t know if this will even be a thing in another year and a half. But still, just another way to look at the numbers.

1 Like

I argue it’s more like a shorter and less crowded MVMCP, but with free 20oz drinks bc it already had free cookies and drinks already. I’m glad they are doing something this year, but I’d rather spend that money on a 1 day hopper or something like that.

1 Like

I know a lot of people think these tickets are too expensive or there is no value but I agree with what you stated. For me, the ability to not have the jam packed crowds that the previous parties had is well worth the extra $ (and I am so so thankful that we are in a position to be able to do it!).
In order to avoid the crowds at the last MVMCP, we bought dessert party tickets (for fewer people during fireworks) and the Tony’s dessert party (for the great parade viewing). So when you add those to the lower price of the party ticket, we are basically paying less for a better experience. Disney math right there :wink:

3 Likes

I thought I was the only one that did this! Love love love Disney Math!

1 Like

I guess my question is, will we really need the party for a lower crowd experience? My dates are 12/9 - 12/15, and TP is currently predicting level 2 and 3 crowds at MK on most of our days. I’ll have to keep an eye on it. I will say that parades/fireworks aren’t our main focus. Though I would be sad if my kids couldn’t see Jack and Sally this year (then again, with the social distancing, it’s not really the same anyway.)

When we’ve gone previously in December, with level 6 - 7 crowds during the day, we really enjoyed our two Christmas parties. They were the highlights of our trip! But for a family of five this year, we’d have to spend $1,000 for one party night. Nope nope nope.

1 Like

I looked at the $95 AH price I paid . If I add $80 for a dessert party that is $175. For the same weekend I did this in 2019 it will be $219 with my discount.

Or $219 with less people, less entertainment - when I paid $116.09 (corrected) a ticket in 2019.

Added- MVMCP allowed me to enter (with my party) at 2pm. My $116 gave me a 10 hour day (when there were DVC benefits). I saw two parades (FoF at 2pm and the Christmas parade) plus 3 FPs.

DW is a big Cirque du Soleil fan, so we are doing that instead this December. Tickets went on sale today.

3 Likes

I just have to say that I had a TA help secure my tickets today and it was such an incredible feeling! I am very laid back when it comes in in park touring, but I have an almost fanatical hotel/ADR/party side.

It was not easy letting someone else take the reins to the point where DH was genuinely shocked, but man I am so glad I did! For the first time in the 13 years of planning I was not physically shaking from the adrenaline (told you…fanatical) and being able to sleep past 6am was nice too! I highly, highly recommend considering the TA’s here if you’re looking for tickets (and anything else!).

5 Likes