Choose the secret we know before life makes us grow, there’s nowhere to go but up! A turning 18/going to university celebration trip July 2022

Are there any others (besides the one in AK and MK)?

4 Likes

This place is so easy to miss. I have been wanting to stop there my last 4 trips but I always forget.

5 Likes

Even that is definitely skippable though! I liked it but it wouldn’t be high priority for me at HS.

4 Likes

I don’t like the pressure, like @missoverexcited Or doesn’t make me sick. But it’s not a fun enough ride to have to deal with that feeling.

5 Likes

Day 3 continued - Animal Kingdom

We rested for a couple of hours back at the resort before going to Animal Kingdom about 4.30. We had an LL for Expedition Everest (and possibly Kali River Rapids) and an ILL for Flight of Passage, and plans to eat at Yak and Yeti or Flame Tree BBQ whenever we got hungry.

We stopped to get some golden statue pics and then we were off to our favourite mountain. Well my favourite, Joe might put Space ahead.

We had a really short wait with our LL. It’s such an amazing ride!

We either booked an immediate LL for Kali, or we already had one. At any rate, we wandered over there, pausing to watch the wildlife.

The Kali line was really quick.

Until it wasn’t. We were probably 4 rafts away from getting on when the line stopped, and once all the rafts were empty they announced that it was down. But we did get an anytime LL valid for everything except FOP!

We booked Dinosaur and set off across the park again. We never skip it but on the one trip where it was down for refurbishment, we didn’t miss it. Still I enjoyed it this day.

It was coming up to 5.30 and our FOP reservation was 5-6, so we headed to Pandora.

That last pic is the back side of Groot. That might only be funny to me :rofl: When we got to the other side, I pointed it out to Joe and said it looked like Groot picking up a rock and he looked at me with a mixture of pity and contempt and said “no it doesn’t” :joy: It does though, and thank you to @lizzieanne771 for pointing it out to me!

Pandora is so pretty.

The wait was short with the ILL as you’d expect but we had the extended preshow and it was torturous. The ride was fabulous though. I’d forgotten just how good it was.

More pretty Pandora views. I don’t include myself in that obviously :joy:

Last time we rode Na’vi River Journey we said we’d never do it again, it was so dull. But it was right there and we had the anytime LL, so we booked it and walked straight on. Sorry but it was still dull! It is pretty though. I made a mistake at boarding, there was just one guy in front of us and when he got on, I just followed after him - I was on auto pilot. When we sat down, Joe said to me that we were supposed to be in the next boat :see_no_evil: I was mortified but it was too late then. The front row was all the rest of his family except for a baby he was carrying that I hadn’t noticed. I hope we didn’t ruin their experience!

It was almost 6.30 but neither of us was hungry yet, so there was only one thing to do - Expedition Everest of course! We made our way back to Asia.

We’d been planning to do single rider but the posted standby wait was 5 mins, so we did that. We walked straight on to the loading platform! Fantastic!

But then disaster struck! Just outside the lair of the Disco Yeti, we stopped. We sat and waited. We took some pics.

I was texting DH and another wonderful liner friend who had sent me a giftcard that evening. We still didn’t move. It felt like forever but was probably only 15 mins max before we started up again. We whizzed through the cave but there were no lights on the Yeti, it was just pitch black.

We weren’t going to let a little thing like that stop us, so we jumped straight back on and did wait about 5 mins that time.

After that Joe said he wanted to do single rider so he could talk to a chatty American. We did it probably another 5 times but the closest he got was someone that said hi. We only got about half our ride pics despite tapping every time, and having active magic bands, and magic mobile. Annoying.

After that Joe said he’d had enough and he was going back to the hotel. I was surprised but didn’t mind. I stayed a little longer to have a quick look round the shops and then I left too.

It was just as well Joe didn’t get the same bus as me as there was a service dog on it. He is terrified of cats and dogs. I don’t remember ever seeing so many dogs in the parks, there were loads! In fact I’m not sure I’ve ever seen one at all, though there was one on the bus once last trip. And it was so hot too. Poor things.

Back at the resort we went to get some food and then had a walk around but I only took a couple of pictures, I don’t know why, it’s such a pretty resort.

And then we got to bed early as we had another super early start. I couldn’t sleep though so sat up half the night listing everything that was in both our suitcase and sending it to my parents so they could complete a form for Aer Lingus for me to email in - you could only do it after 3 days had passed.

It was a somewhat depressing ending to what had been a really great day!

28 Likes

Well you should! You are beautiful and look so happy in this pic!

:rofl:

We rode during MM and all lights were on, it was like daytime in there!

I’m loving your post trip report. It’s like following along on a whole new trip!

10 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Thank you! It would be weirder with all lights on I think.

3 Likes

His exact words!

7 Likes

It was odd, we rode again to get pictures but it was back to normal.

3 Likes

Nonplussed as only a teen can be. :joy:

18 Likes

Does he know he can just be chatty to anyone? :rofl:

9 Likes

He’s not that chatty, he’d never start a conversation but he’s happy to join one.

10 Likes

I forgot to add the Photopass pics we got as we left Everest! My hair is an absolute state but I love the snow one.

28 Likes

You’ve nailed this description.

8 Likes

I love this.
In DLR I’d take kids on a ride that DH didn’t care about and I’d get off and he’d be chatting up someone. And on our last cruise I’d go off and come back and he’d not be at our loungers but he’d be two rows up talking to some guy or another.

9 Likes

Joe really isn’t that chatty but he’s had some random conversations as a single rider over the years.

8 Likes

Does Joe not like dogs?

Love these…posts? Are they posts?

Are there lots of horses just around? Love horses and this might tip me over to wanting to stay at this resort.

8 Likes

He’s scared to death of dogs. It might have made more sense if I’d mentioned that :rofl:

There are no horses - well except the horse and carriage rides. They are just decorative.

9 Likes

That snow pic is awesome! All your pics are great and you look wonderful in them. I have really enjoyed following along, I hope you are enjoying trying to remember lol. I always forget details of our trips and try to write up a summary every night in the room, but our last trip was so chaotic it didn’t happen.

10 Likes