Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

Hallelujah! I’d be happy to never have to worry about VQ again (as convenient as it was once you had one), but I’m sure it will be a thing for Cosmic Rewind and Tron.

3 Likes

I loved the RotR VQ because I never felt at risk of not getting a BG (thanks to being part of this forum!). It was a fun extra competition and adrenaline rush.

4 Likes

Hey!

I agree. But it just hasn’t been the same since the 7am LL madness was piled on…:confused:

3 Likes

Boo. I prefer Virtual Queue over standby. I think they are just pushing people to the pay option.

4 Likes

It was fun while it lasted, but I’m ready for a new era. :joy:

4 Likes

I’m still gonna have to be on at 7am to get ILL for some things!

2 Likes

got this email today, the link was flagged by computer for safety issues :rofl: So, I’m just sharing a snip-it. I think the language at the end is interesting: Virtual queues continue to be helpful with the launch of popular attractions and the debut of new experiences and offerings, so we may use it again from time to time for select attractions in the future.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s the same wording they used in the Disney Parks Blog article yesterday.

3 Likes

I am 99.99999% certain they’ll use it for both GotG and Tron when they first open.

4 Likes

I agree!

As long as Guardians becomes an ILL option too… I’ll pay before dealing with VQ nightmares.

2 Likes

Disney’s current language:

I’ll be waiting for any news updates. I expect the VQ process to be the same as when it ended. But I will make any changes to the detailed instructions in the lead post as needed.

3 Likes

FOR TODAY ONLY

GOTG OPENING

5 Likes

Getting my fast fingers ready. They are out of practice since the we utilized VQ for RotR :grimacing: last april!

2 Likes

Note this change (in September) since your last trip.

2 Likes

Change noted, thanks. Good thing is I did well with Boarding Groups in the past. Even got BG 1 for my family thanks to all the tips here! Doesnt make me any less nervous about getting one though lol

3 Likes

This reports says ILL will be available as well…this is good news for on site guests!

2 Likes

Me too! Android for the win.

I will mention there is a always a chance that Disney changes the joining a VQ process again. The OP was current when the Remy VQ ended in January. Will have to wait and find out.

1 Like

Will Guardians (when it opens) be the only ride doing VQ? Or is there another ride doing that right now?

Yes. The Remy VQ ended in January.

1 Like