Checklist & Tips for joining a Virtual Queue

The Virtual Queue card is back on the MDE home page and Guardians of the Galaxy is on the attraction page to join the VQ.

One thing that I did add to the first post in this thread, is that there is a 6:00pm VQ on Epcot extended hours evenings. The instructions/PDF should still be accurate otherwise.

Time will tell, but I’m hoping the joining process is still the same.

3 Likes

Have I missed it but do we think you can have ILL and VQ same day?
and if your park hopping its impossible to get in VQ unless you have the deluxe extended hours?

1 Like

Yes you can have both. And if you’re deluxe guest you can also get a third ride if you score during the special VQ window at 6pm on extended evening nights.

If you’re hopping to EP you can’t try for VQ

2 Likes

thanks thats annoying, id planned to VQ it and only head over to epcot after 2pm to ride!

edit - hmm but I can try for VQ from hotel and only travel over to epcot when I choose… as long as my park reservation is for epcot.

1 Like

I know it’s been reported in blogs that you can get 2 VQ’s in one day (2nd during Extra Hours), but Disney’s language does not have me convinced of that. Time will tell.

2 Likes

Planning to attempt for a BG on both of our Epcot days but one day we’re not planning to be in the park until 1pm or later. If I get an early BG, will I be able to use it at any point after it’s been called or do I need to be there like for a LL? Should I bother trying to get one at 7 or should I just wait until the 1pm drop?

I’ve asked this question previously and most answers are that in the past you could show up anytime after your BG was called, but no one really knows yet if they will do the same for GOTG. Hopefully…

2 Likes

Agreed with @eredmister. You should be able to report back any time after your BG is called if it works the same way as it has for past VQ attractions (Remy, RotR). I can’t imagine they’ll change that because it’s too unpredictable when you’ll be called, and WDW is huge.

1 Like

Hopefully I will find out tomorrow. DH has to work but if I manage to get a BG at 7am we will head over in the evening. I’m anxious because I used to practice a few days before and my skills might be a little rusty!

1 Like

You can Dooooo it!

1 Like

I received an email today from Disney that states that you are eligible for the extra hours BG even if you already obtained one at 6 or 1.

6 Likes

Good to know. Maybe I should work on budgeting a Deluxe for August… Hmmm…

1 Like

I thought I had seen that officially somewhere but couldn’t recall where.

Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, thats great!

1 Like

My son and I followed these directions and did not get a BG for Guardians this morning. It made us refresh again when we tried at 6:59:59. Then they were all gone after the refresh. We will try again at 1pm.

Thats frustrating, it just shouldn’t be this difficult.

1 Like

We got the 1pm drop!

We were sitting in Connections Cafe and could hear all the cheers around us. It was so cool to see the collective happiness.

5 Likes

Congrats!!!

Even though the VQ system is annoying, there is a great sense of satisfaction from being able to ride a brand new “fancy” attraction without having to pay extra $!

1 Like

So true! Thanks for all the tips.

1 Like

Our BG just got called and we just got in line. So excited!

5 Likes