Checking Every Day?

I think that if I remember correctly from the “before times” that during the week of Christmas, the regular daytime parade and evening fireworks get taken over by the Christmas versions. Someone else might know better. They have not mentioned that this year though, but it could be on the table.

Okay, Saturday is 60+10 for New Years Eve. Think they are going to announce anything ahead of time?

Edited: I do see the extended hours until midnight on the 31st for all parks except AK. MK is for the 30th and 31st and has 6:30 fireworks shows both nights.

1 Like

Yes, once the last MVMCP had passed, then the daily parade and fireworks switched to the MVMCP ones, but were back to normal on Jan. 1. The Christmas parade lasted a couple days longer than the Christmas pyro. Looking at 2019, the last Christmas fireworks was Dec. 29, then the Fantasy in the Sky were used for Dec. 30 and 31. I only looked at the one year, but this is likely typical of recent years.

1 Like

I’m in the Boo Bash was not worth the money crowd. It was my first After Hours Event. It seemed - crowded. Lines were not as short as expected - we ended up in a Peter Pan line for 30 mins and missed most of the cavalcades as a result (as we didn’t catch them the first round)

2 Likes

Thanks… now I don’t feel so lonely :upside_down_face: :rofl:

We thought Boo Bash was one of the best things we did last week. Sure, it was expensive, but we walked on to 8 or 10 rides in 3 hours. Far more productive than the day was with the crowds and no Genie+.

3 Likes

Would have loved a 4th hour in Boo Bash.

2 Likes

We thought it felt crowded, but the rides we went on were not. I researched before the trip and avoided 7DMT. HM was our only must do that had a line, and that was only about 10 minutes. I think we did JC, PotC, BTM, SM, HM, SM, Buzz, and People Mover in the 3 hours. Plus we saw three of the cavalcades, let the kids trick or treat, and got pictures in front of the castle. Great night.

The only issue was swimming up river during the mass exodus after the fire works.

Can you say more about that? We’re going to need to do that for deluxe park hours since we won’t enter until 9 pm. How bad was it.

It was brutal. We got into the park before the fireworks and were positioned about halfway down Main Street. It took quite a while to make our way through, but things opened up after we made the left at Casey’s and made it past Crystal Palace.

I would try to get in before the fireworks and get to either Tomorrowland or Adventureland before they start or wait till the crowd thins out before entering. Fireworks were at 8 the night we did Boo Bash, so by 9 it was too much of a problem.

We’ll be in Contemporary for Celebration at the Top which ends at 9. So even if we leave that a few minutes early, it certainly won’t put us inside before the fireworks.

1 Like

I thought I remembered reading that in the past. But I’m looking for Enchanted Dessert party tickets on 12/20. The last Christmas party is 12/21. So I’d think they aren’t showing the Christmas fireworks to non-party crowds before the last party.

1 Like

Agreed. Christmas fireworks stays “party only” until after the last party.

ETA: But this year, their calendar lists Enchantment as the daily pyro through Dec. 29. It’s blank after that. They could always change it, but maybe they just want to show off the new show to everyone during the holiday break and not replace it with a Christmas one.

Then Disney is just messing with me and my need to plan everything in advance…again! It’s like they are trying to see how high they can get the collective Liners’ blood pressures to go.

3 Likes

There are spots open for the pre-fireworks dessert party, plaza garden view, on Dec. 20. But none of the “Seats & Treats” one, it acts as if that one is sold out on that date. And none of the post-fireworks dessert party. It looks like Dec. 20 is the latest date any dessert parties are loaded for.

It has to be their mission! The Candlelight Processional starts in 36 days but we still have 5 more days until we can book dining packages and they haven’t released narrators for the first 2 shows and a bunch of others!

Whoa! Really? Wasn’t there last night. Thanks.

1 Like

Hmmm. Won’t let me purchase 4 tickets. Is it really possible that those parties sold out already? I’ve been looking since 60+10 with no luck.

1 Like

How many spots do you need? I admit I was only looking at the default of 1 person.

ETA: Duh, if only I’d read your next message!
ETA2: And it only had room for 1, nothing more. Sorry to have gotten your hopes up for nothing. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Ha! That’s ok! Bizarre that it sold out so quickly. I know to check back frequently.

Kinda needed to figure out how to squeeze Electric Water Pageant into the trip so maybe we’ll take this as a sign to watch from Poly beach.

1 Like