Checking Every Day?

I agree. For me it is nice to have staggered opening and closing times. We are going to close Epcot during the evening hours and then RD it the next day BECAUSE it has the later opening.

10:00 would be fine, but I am happy to be able to have a later rope drop.

2 Likes

@meekomist was referring to the beforetimes. Nowadays everything opens at the same time.

2 Likes

I should have specified, the F&W booths do not open until 11. (This is currently)

How do you do that? Any details appreciated!

I’ll inbox you her name:)

When I was there last week of September there were a few F+W booths open. I have notes that Greece, Spain, and Germany were up and running. And, unsurprisingly, the wine booth in Italy. After that I got distracted as I was on my way to Frozen (the long way) and got stopped by an open drawbridge. Who knew??

1 Like
1 Like

What is the hold up for MK dessert parties the week of Christmas? Have they ever NOT had dessert parties during Christmas week?

Maybe they are still deciding if they want to do the Christmas fireworks show? The Merry Bash tickets are not selling as they anticipated so perhaps they worry that if they announce you can see those fireworks for free it will tank the sales even more.

1 Like

Aren’t they a lot more expensive than the Boo Bash tickets which most agreed was a waste of money?

1 Like

It’s definitely more expensive but I’m not sure I have heard the Boo Bash considered a waste of money.

1 Like

I think “waste of money” is relative. I’m paying for the Merry After Hours thingy for an upcoming solo trip because I can and want to to kick start the Holiday season for myself in the best way possible. But if the whole family was going, I wouldn’t pay that much for it.

4 Likes

Same!! When are you going?

1 Like

The first one on Nov 8. It is going to be an epic trip. Running the Wine and Dine Half Marathon on Sun Nov 7 (have to be in the corrals at 3am, yay!), then doing HS that day and finishing at Epcot for the W&D After Party (which goes until midnight I think). Then RD AK Monday morning, hopping around HS and Epcot then finishing at MK for the Christmas party until 1am. Originally was thinking of pulling an all-nighter and booked my return flight for 6am to get to work by 9am (and only taking 1 vacation day). But I’m re-thinking that. Not sure my boss would appreciate me coming in and snoring at my desk by lunch. So now I’m thinking of just taking another vacation day and RDing AK again on Tuesday before flying home mid-day. The other reason I’m rethinking this is my DS6’s first Tiger Cub meeting is Tuesday night, and I’m the den leader. Probably should get at least some sleep the night before.

5 Likes

Ooooh I can’t wait to hear your review! We have gone that first week in Nov in the past and I love the weather. That is QUITE the busy trip and I’m excited for you!

We’ll be there the following month and originally were only going to get 2 days of park hoppers and use the Merry After Hours as our only MK time. Now I think we will get APs so we are like tripling down on our park time! Instead of sleeping in I’m going to hit the holiday kitchens hard lol. If parenting has taught me one thing it’s how to function on little sleep.

Good luck with Tiger Scouts! My son is loving Lion Scouts this year.

3 Likes

limited hours, grocery store candy, only thing worth seeing… ONE thing… was the dragon in the cavalcade. JMHO… not worth the money

4 Likes

I think you have a strong argument here. But I’m optimistic that the Christmas version will be much improved over the Boo Bash.

2 Likes

I hope so… they did extend the hours… that’s ONE thing :wink: hopefully more than time will justify the cost

1 Like

They extended the hours plus added a parade, fireworks show and a stage show!

But the “reports” I had heard of the Boo Bash was that it was too short, not necessarily “not worth the money.”

1 Like

Oh! I thought it would be for Enchantment since the Christmas fireworks happen during the Christmas parties. I didn’t know there was the potential for non-party guests to ever see them.

1 Like