Checking Every Day?

Got the Ferrytale Fireworks cruise for Sept 22 – the 21st was full. $99 each for two adults, and they said to show up at 6:45. For a 9:00 fireworks show? Yikes. My Citrico’s ADR is supposed to be at 6:40! I’ve been trying to get an earlier dinner for days; nothing is open. (Yet.) I could seriously end up cancelling this fireworks cruise. :confused:

1 Like

I haven’t been on an MK fireworks cruise since 2003, so I can’t speak to what they do right now, but 18 years ago, they piped the music in to some of the boats. One cruise, our boat had the music. On another cruise, the captain parked near two boats that had the music, so we could hear it pretty clearly.

1 Like

I’ve been on two fireworks cruises, one for MK and one for EP, and both times the music was piped in.

2 Likes

Yup, they play the music on the boats just like they do on the beaches at GF and the Poly.

During our fireworks cruise in 2018 we met an hour or so before the fireworks were scheduled for and had a tour of Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, then front row seats for the Electric Water Pageant (with music), before settling in for the fireworks (also w/ music).

1 Like

$99 was the old price so looks the same to me aside from the “starting at” wording. I bet the 29th is considerably more expensive.

Fwiw I tried to book a private cruise any night between September 25 and October 3 and they were all booked up.

According to the official WDW site,

Pricing
Ferrytale Fireworks: A Sparkling Dessert Cruise takes place on select nights. Admission is $99 for adults and $69 for children ages 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity included) and even includes a special takeaway surprise.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/ferrytale-wishes-dessert-cruise/

The “starting at” is the wording used by the WDWNT website.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if they pipe in the fireworks music at the Enchanted rose balcony? We will probably make it down to the beach but I’m curious in case.

Eta this might not even have a fireworks view. It looks like it overlooks the Poly.

@BGK could tell you which direction that looks toward. I would guess since we haven’t heard about it before it is NOT suitable for fireworks.

1 Like

The Enchanted Rose outdoor seating faces south, which is directly opposite from where you need to be facing. You can’t see the fireworks at all. There is no music in that area.

The fireworks music is played around the marina and along the whole length of the Grand Floridian dock. The view is partially obstructed from the marina, but largely unobstructed from the dock.

4 Likes

Do the dessert parties open with your stay or do they open 60 days out of the date you want?

I really want a dessert cruise for New Years Eve. My daughter and husband would love this.

1 Like

I don’t know when the reservation window opens for fireworks cruises or dessert cruises; I happen to be less than three weeks out from my trip, which is why I jumped on the opening. However, right now, the Ferrytale Fireworks dessert cruises are only for the last few dates of HEA. Disney hasn’t announced if they’ll be continuing the ferry cruise for … what’s it called? The new fireworks show. But I bet they will, because $$$.

(By the way, I read some reviews last night of the old Ferrytale Fireworks cruises, and I have to say, it does not sound great. I’ll be re-thinking this reservation hard before I get to the 18th.)

1 Like

When I read this: “For the kiddos, there’s also an ultraviolet scavenger hunt.”

I honestly thought it said ultraviolent.

6 Likes

Now I’m thinking of switching the dinner at Narcoosee’s plan for the fireworks dessert cruise plan.

Read reviews, though. It’s on a ferry boat, not a pontoon.

2 Likes

Ah, good to know about HEA only and the poor reviews!

If I knew AKL was going to have a NYE party like in 2019 I would be all set!

1 Like

Still it’s a boat which will be different for DD7 and right in DW’s wheelhouse.
Also by the time we’d get to it in our trip - at the end of all things, likely after seeing the FW in the park and from Poly - something different than a restaurant could go a long way towards being memorable.

1 Like

Yep, if I had a young child in my party, I wouldn’t be so hesitant about the cruise. Did you decide yet?

Not yet but my next trip is still months away.

Crazy they haven’t even mentioned if it will continue after HEA ends. Or if it’ll change in any way if they do.

Maybe I’ve missed the discussion, but any word on CG Brunch? Delayed return due to Wave breakfast at CG? i don’t know what’s going on with any of that actually

Nothing yet. “Something special” is coming for CG in general for just after 10/1. But no word yet. I would think we should be hearing something soon.

I do fear that brunch might be dead :frowning:

1 Like