Checking Every Day?

Boma’s menu has updated. I will note that the update very clearly states PARTIAL LISTING for both the breakfast and dinner buffets so they haven’t listed everything that will be on the buffets but it looks good and the prices haven’t changed!

https://www.wdwmagic.com/amp/dining/boma-flavors-of-africa/news/18aug2021-new-breakfast-and-dinner-menus-released-for-boma-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-lodge.htm?__twitter_impression=true

4 Likes

Breakfast - the only really unique item is the bobotie

Dinner offers a few more unique items - mostly in the salad groups.

Not impressive, but not surprising. If they are going to have it CM served buffet, they can’t very well offer the full 50-item (guesstimate) spread they used to have.

It’s sad though.

1 Like

It is a partial listing so I think there will be more unique items considering they’ve pretty much covered all the standard breakfast offerings, at least. Dinner has more unique items and I think there will be more than listed. I wonder if they’re still finalizing things or have plans to rotate items so aren’t listing them yet. The blogger articles and reviews on Friday will be interesting.

1 Like

No way - we’ll be the only folks who know how to use it yet! I hope it happens!

1 Like

I saw that it’s a partial listing, but I will be surprised if there is very much more due to the CM component.

1 Like

It shouldn’t happen before 10/1.

Most of it is going to be similar to what I wrote last week: paid FP with various tiers, costs, and rules.

I’m told the Genie app will have many features from Lines in it. We’ll see soon.

7 Likes

Have you all been consultants on this project at all?

1 Like

No. Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery.

True story: A Liner got picked by Disney to do user experience testing for Genie a couple of weeks ago. The Disney person didn’t know the Liner, but began the presentation with “Please don’t tell the Disney Dish podcast about this for now.”

15 Likes

I was listening to the Welcome Home Podcast yesterday and they were having the same discussion that we had here- they trust the TP app because it is designed to help us. They are concerned the Genie app will be designed to benefit Disney.

8 Likes

:open_mouth:

Wow

Is there some kind of trademark or copyright infringement you could claim (I am completely ignorant of these things so if this is an absurd idea, feel free to call it out as such)

2 Likes

Quite certainly.

My understanding is that they are now aligning WDW with what Disneyland’s policy has been since the indoor mask requirement was reintroduced. In Anaheim, you only need to wear masks indoors or on rides that are partially or fully indoors.

Nah. We wouldn’t win a contest with lawyers. Plus I think our stuff will just be better. So there’s that.

18 Likes

@len That is … crazy. If it was me, I would have been firing off an email while the speaker was finishing the sentence. :joy:

While you’re here, when will World of Color return to DCA? Any ideas?

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see it live in the wild and see how often it concurs with TP recommendations.

2 Likes

Yes. Often the law and justice are two entirely different creatures. Too often, in fact.

ETA: oh well, you’ve always got this charming collection of lunatics some call a forum.
Genie won’t be pulling us out of his little hat.

9 Likes

i feel the prices are actually cheaper? I seem to recall breakfast was like $45/pp in the beforefore time. Now’s it’s $29?

That’s not the saying. That’s like the complete opposite of the saying. :rofl:

3 Likes

There was some talk of some of the things being pre-plated (I assume desserts, at least) that you could just pick up so I think there could be more variety depending on how that works. Also places like Lemonade do the whole having somebody serve up the things you choose and they have a lot of stuff on their menu. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

I will note that at Storytellers Cafe in the Grand Californian it’s old school serve yourself.

2 Likes

I tend to think of Lemonade as a beverage.
Please explain

2 Likes

HOPEFULLY they won’t do that stupid “drink in a bag” thing that the one restaurant is doing (I think it’s in in Disneyland)

Oh, it might even be Storytellers Cafe I’m thinking of.

2 Likes