Checking Every Day?

So I’ve never been there for the HS projection show, is it hard to get a spot for? Worth doing? We’ve never done an evening show of any sort at HS, but I’m intrigued!

There are recordings of them online. It’s not really a fireworks show, just a projection show. I’ve never seen them before either, so probably not the best resource for that!

1 Like

My favorite! My horse is named Kitty after Sully.

1 Like

What a great rumor….

10 Likes

Will definitely be swapping out Boma for Ohana on my departure day.

Frantically looks over plans to see where I could fit in Jiko…

3 Likes

Jiko is my favorite restaurant anywhere!

5 Likes

Definitely makes me feel better about staying there next May.

@Randall1028 here’s a wish coming true!

3 Likes

I’m looking at doing Sanaa on an upcoming trip. What are the pros/cons for that vs Boma or Jiko? Boma is more family style / buffet and Jiko is signature, correct?

I’m going to make a comment about current buffet/family style meals: We ate a WC and each of us ordered the skillet, the same one, but they brought out only one skillet and charged us for 2. We didn’t get refills on anything. We felt like it was a rip off.

3 Likes

All three are pretty different. Have you done any before?

Sanaa is African inspired Indian food (or is it Indian inspired African food?). Either way it’s super delicious food with the amazing added bonus of overlooking the savanna. Bread service alone is reason enough for my family to go back again and again.

Jiko is signature dining with a more elevated menu. @PrincipalTinker loves it there and can tell you more.

Boma is a lot like Tusker House but (under normal conditions) offers an even wider array of foods to sample, ranging from really adventurous to quite “safe”. It’s all you care to enjoy. My family loves it there too, especially for breakfast.

4 Likes

The first time I ate at Jiko we son ordered the wild boar appetizer. I took one bite of it and I was shocked by the flavors that exploded in my mouth. I had never experienced that before. I never knew I could be surprised by food.

Over the years some of my favorite items have been removed from the menu and the head chef has changed multiple times but I have never been disappointed.

Sometimes people are concerned about trying Jiko. They think it might has “strange flavors and usual items”. It is the “cooking place”. Sometimes the food might be “just very good”. Often it is the “one of the best things I have ever eaten”.

6 Likes

I think you’ve sold it. Thank you!

4 Likes

I L-O-V-E Jiko. I could eat every meal there!

3 Likes

I saw on another forum somebody staying at AK DVC was chatting with one of the CMs working there about the closed dining and the CM told them (on the QT, of course) that Boma was set to open on 8/20. Things could always change between now and then but I hope it’s true because that is one of the places I’ve been wanting to try and 8/20 is my arrival day. AK is my first park, on 8/22.

5 Likes

I love Jiko! But I would probably hesitate to take my kids there. Not to say others haven’t done it.

1 Like

I took a two year old! He didn’t speak the whole meal (too busy eating) but not every child is the same.

4 Likes

You brave soul!

I am positive there are plenty of kids out there that would do fine at Jiko. I would probably take just one of my kids even. I’m not at all worried about the food, just their behavior!

3 Likes

hmmm restaurant behaviour?? :thinking:

oh my :face_with_monocle: DD7 hasn’t dined in a restaurant in… 16 months!
Boy, I gotta get that girl out to a patio or something!

4 Likes

Same!! My youngest is 2.5. I am sure he doesn’t even remember eating in a restaurant. No lie we have been practicing being in restaurants in our yard. My kids just get too goofy with each other and LOUD.

4 Likes