Checking Every Day?

I can feel certain that the Extended Evening Hours perk will be an extra cost item.

Imagine if Disney perks the deluxe and DVC guests with a free 30 or 60 minute Extended Evening Hours. When a park reaches its normal closing time, say at 9:00, the queues for all the headliners will be filled with a mixture of guests from all levels of Disney resorts as well as guests from other Orlando area hotels. Those queues will need to be “played down” (i.e. guests in line allowed to experience the attraction) before the deluxe and DVC guest would realized any significant advantage. Playing down those queues would typically take 30 to 60 minutes, so in the end what was the benefit? Deluxe and DVC guests got in line for one last ride like everyone else.

The only reason to offer an Extended Evening Hours is if the extension is for 2 or more hours, which drives this towards being an extra cost perk. The reason for the reduced availability is to to keep the numbers manageable.

2 Likes

Do you mean that a deluxe guest would need to pay for a ticket to attend? Wouldn’t that just be an after hours event at that point?

1 Like

Yes, an after hours event that is limited to DVC/Deluxe guests. Possibly minus the free food.

1 Like

Interesting. I haven’t considered that. Do we think there would be enough people who would pay for that experience to make it monetarily worth it for Disney?

1 Like

I think if they don’t lay on free food it’s too blatantly a pale imitation of what went before.

But add on food and anything is possible.

1 Like

It was done as recently as 2004 with 1 primary difference. Availability was restricted to a wider number of hotels and the number of tickets sold was capped at an undisclosed number, and not restricted to specific Disney resort levels.

Read here for more details: https://themeparkuniversity.com/disney/looking-back-magic-kingdom-e-ride-nights/

Also notice the price in the article and then scale it by the inflation since 2004.

I think this is a possibility, but I still think free evening hours for Deluxe guests plus paid events open to everyone is more likely.

2 Likes

That’s interesting! I’ve done one AHE and won’t ever pay for that again! For $150 the whole park should have been open!

2 Likes

I would consider paying in the future as an alternative to going during the day if I was doing a water park or DS or a resort day. But I’d have to see what is open, and that price seems high!

1 Like

The price wouldn’t have been high IF all rides were operational. The crowds and waits were incredibly low but limited attractions made it seem over priced. And the lines for FREE water and Mickey bars were the worst; l-o-n-g.

3 Likes

Hopefully they fix that if they bring it back. I’ll watch for reviews before buying.

2 Likes

I think DL has better after hours deals. Compare what they’re getting for Oogie Boogie Bash which is the same event they had in 2019.

-5 hours in DCA (no reservation required).
-Photopass included
-A special parade
-A show Mickey & Friends
-The Monsters After Dark overlay on GOTG: Mission Breakout

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disney-california-adventure/oogie-boogie-bash-halloween-party/

3 Likes

“If only we knew how good we had it then.”
They got that right! In 2004 I stayed at GF for $400 a night. The going price now for the same room is upwards of $700. :eyes:

4 Likes

Did you do AK? I was happy with AK because I can do EE all night but there is a big difference between doing 12 different attractions and 8 of the 12 rides being the same attraction.

4 Likes

haha how did you know?!? Yes, I did AK w/ my 2-DDs and we were disappointed. Although, I knew the trails and safari wouldn’t be open. We chose that b/c one DD wanted to see the tree at night w/ the projections and lighting. I too love Everest.

1 Like

When we went to AK AH we had such a hard time finding ice cream and water. At MK just about all attractions were open, the carts offering snacks were throughout the park and there were a couple of QS places open (Main Street bakery was open after the event too).

3 Likes

Yes the snack carts were hard to find in AK. I think there were only 2 open ? We heard ppl complaining about it.

We did both events in the same week (AK and MK) and they seemed liked they were not the same type of events.

3 Likes

I wished I had done another park… I kinda’ knew and resigned myself to AK being limited but it was much more than expected. Maybe one day I’ll get to try another. I really can’t wait to have a DVC or AP day… which one does that again? :laughing: and a Moonlight park night

1 Like

Wonder what Marriott thinks about the new annex they are building at the Dolphin & Swan? Kind of wonder if that has anything to do with this. That new high rise doesn’t fit well I don’t think.