Checking Every Day?

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Yes, but those people are also the ones most likely to not read the rules.

3 Likes

The rider swap changes are kind of a bummer for my family, for exactly the reason Kenny the Pirate stated- we have one younger one who still shies away from a lot of attractions and two tweens who generally like riding. If DH sits out with DD7 and I go on with the tweens, then DH will have to go on it alone OR choose who gets to go a second time and as we all know, in the land of tweendome “THAT’S NOT FAAAAIIIRRR!!!” :roll_eyes: I suppose we can have one tween go with me and one go with DH so no one has to ride alone and no one gets an “extra” ride. This is the solution we will probably have. However I never saw it as playing the system when we used it like this (maybe I was justifying???) but just that both DH and I got to experience the ride with our kiddos and neither of us felt left out. I’m not trying to argue, it probably does make it easier and more fair this new way. I just wanted offer perspective of why sometimes it was nice that there was the +2 so neither parent felt left out of having fun with the kids, not necessarily just that the kids get a free ride

4 Likes

The way I did it on our last trip was to do a bidding system before the trip to see who wanted to ride which rides twice. It worked out that everyone had different favorites so each had rides they could ride twice. I would try that before you make them both ride only once.

3 Likes

I have three teens and a 7yo. Our last trip, we agreed that we would draw straws and there would be no complaining. It worked reasonably well, but for me - the “old way” still meant there were winners and losers.

On the other hand - on more than one occasion the CM let the whole group keep their FP so that they could all ride a second time with the other parent. I suspect there will continue to be this kind of exception.

2 Likes

True, but at least when it is written they have to admit that they didn’t read them when they are caught.

1 Like

Food & Wine menus are out!

4 Likes

Well I think on that note, I can stop checking every day now, that was the last big thing for me… at least for this trip :rofl: Just kidding, I’ll still be checking every day even if I don’t know what for

3 Likes

So, I’m hearing an interesting rumor, and I have a call in to see if I can confirm it, but…
Starting this weekend, VIP tours will get RoTR WITHOUT having a boarding group.
A few people in a Disney centric fb group for TA’s are reporting that they were told this by their Disney rep.
I called my host and they are trying to confirm.
If true, I guess this means you can now get in guaranteed for the low, low price of $5k or more!!! :exploding_head:

4 Likes

:anguished:

1 Like

We don’t need $5k

We have @bebe80’s tip sheet and that’s for free.

QUICK! SAVE THE PDF BEFORE HE TAKES IT DOWN AND STARTS TO #CHAPEK YOU!!!

11 Likes

I agree, we don’t need it.
I just think it’s another step down the path of Disney pandering to the rich.

1 Like

Meh…I have a feeling it will be obsolete before too long

2 Likes

Okay but if it goes “missing” and you’re suddenly taking a lot of WDW trips, we’ll know where that revenue came from.

5 Likes

I was surprised it wasn’t included before.

They should be able to open up the standby line soon. Maybe whenever Fastpass or it’s equivalent starts up.

2 Likes

Any truth to the rumour that for $15K I can have Chapek personally meet me at IG barking like a dog?

8 Likes

IDK but I’d pay to see it :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Okay…now I need October hours.

It would be nice to get word on Hoop-Dee-Doo (and maybe Spirit of Aloha? …but that is another post).

1 Like

Wait for cooler months for this b/c you are outdoors. We went Sept 2018 and it was SO HOT and miserable, they use fire which made it hotter.