Checking Every Day?

No mealie pap?! :sob:

2 Likes

That was a note from my Jan 2020 trip. The link was a flyer from Shades of Green ITT office.

1 Like

That’s like half my plate when I go! So sad.

1 Like

So just a heads up, Orange County Mayor Demings just had the county covid briefing and it looks like the county will be moving into Tier 3 on Friday. That means no more county covid mandates (masks, distancing, etc). Not sure if that will change anything for WDW but even if you’re just out and about in the county it may change up some things with local business and so forth.

3 Likes

I have the same figures in my notes, that’s why I don’t know why I thought $120 specifically. I made it up. :rofl: Maybe that is the number I used to convince DH

1 Like

This is what Orange County is saying on their website:

Today, 55.07 percent of all Orange County residents who are 16+ have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. The 14-day rolling positivity rate is 4.5 percent. Orange County Government recommends that residents continue to follow CDC guidelines in order to keep positivity rates low.

The 14-day rolling positivity rate has been below 5 percent for 11 consecutive days. A total of 14 consecutive days must be achieved in order for Orange County to move into Phase III of its reopening plan – lifting all social distancing and mask recommendations.

This is the latest on WDW website:

Since Walt Disney World Resort first welcomed Guests back to safely enjoy the magic, we have carefully considered guidance from public health authorities, government agencies, and our own team of health and safety experts as we assess and adapt health and safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

As guidance has continued to evolve, we—with the support of health and government officials—will be making more gradual adjustments.

You may begin to see these changes across many of our areas. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we make this transition.

WDW has been working with Orange County, my stupid guess, when Orange County announces the 14 day mark has been reached, WDW will remove the indoor mask requirement for vaccinated guests.

3 Likes

Maybe they will give a date for the change and not just update in real time like they did last time. I think M. Demmings will say on this ___ date we will lift _____ . Doesn’t he usually do this?

3 Likes

Is the 11 days as of yesterday or today? Either way 14 days is this Friday or Saturday. Maybe WDW removes the requirement effective next Monday?

2 Likes

opps, I missed that :grimacing:

Another WAG, Disneyland has big opening event this Friday, they don’t want WDW news happening at the same time to distract from the coverage.

2 Likes

Mayor Demings said during today’s briefing that Friday would be the day they could go to Tier 3. That would be the 14 days.

Friday is also the day he’s giving the annual State of the County address.

4 Likes

Club Levels are re-opening, good sign that WDW is getting enough people back to full staffing levels.

I think a lot of missing services and features are now due to a lack of available CM.

6 Likes

Of course I have suites booked in the 3 that don’t have opening dates yet :roll_eyes:

Hopefully they’ll be good to go by March 2022.

Has anyone else had problems with the disney website since yesterday evening? I can’t access MDE, and several other parts of the site (including the details discussed here, which I really need to share with my hubs so we can make our plans!) I can’t figure out if it is something on my end or if the site really has been down since yesterday. It usually isn’t this long :smirk:

Remember the Rock in that Earthquake movie said to turn it off, wait 10 seconds and turn it back on… try that. I have to do that w/ the DVC site TOO much, very annoying!

2 Likes

I actually did for a while yesterday afternoon and wondered if my employer had put up a firewall for the site, but it persisted even on my phone.

Just Disney IT being usual I think

1 Like

Take it as a good sign! It might mean they are “switching on” a lot of the previously closed things. Tides are turning folks.

1 Like

I’ve been having a lot of issues looking for dining reservations. Like sometimes it will come back with 1 option or 3 random restaurants when I know there are likely many more available.

1 Like

This has been happening for a long time, couple years at least.

Saw a report on another forum that somebody at CSR went past Maya Grill and there’s a sign up saying it’s opening 6/24.

3 Likes