Check Your Flights Repeatedly

Southwest changed our flights with absolutely no notification. They manage to send multiple emails selling things but not a peep about flight changes. At the very least they should send texts and require an acknowledgement. They put us on about the worst possible flights too. Make sure to check yours repeatedly before your trip. We had been doing so, but it had stayed the same for months before this change occurred. It’s adding about six hours of travel time due to the plane issues. The plane issues are not their fault, but no notifications and assigning new flights apparently randomly (without booked departure or return times taken into consideration) are not good customer service.

1 Like

Noted. Thank you.

Not cool, Southwest. Not cool. I wonder if this is 737-Max related.

They changed our flights as well without notifying us. Our times are miserable now. Our flight down leaves at 5:00am when it was 7:00 before. My kids should be really special haha.

This scares me.

But shouldn’t that be old news by now? Did you book before the fall flights were published in May?

That’s terrible. To not let you know is really poor practice. I know it’s easy to say, but don’t let it cast a shadow over your holiday :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I booked in May. The plane issues are old news but, like I said, I had checked repeatedly. All was fine for months and months. Like BoilderMomPharmD, they stuck us with horrible flights with no notice. I was able to change them to get them slightly less bad, but still not good. As an example, they took our non-stop return trip (not an option now with the plane issues) and booked us on a flight with two stops and a really late arrival time. It was pretty much the longest, must disruptive option available. I was able to call and at least get it to one stop and a better arrival time. Things happen, but they have our info and should notify us. They usually have decent service but they failed this time. I’m going to now check my flights at least a couple of times a week.

3 Likes

The 737 max issue is old news, but I think the airlines were expecting to have them back soon, and that won’t happen.

1 Like

That’s really lousy. I’ve heard of this happening a lot and since Southwest has the largest fleet of the impacted aircraft it makes sense that they are experiencing the greatest disruption.

Really not cool though to make changes without notice.

3 Likes

It’s been a while but AA changed our flight from leaving MCO at 8am to 7am. I was so bummed.

1 Like

Thank goodness I did check again. It’s somewhat on me for thinking it was still OK, but I do think they failed making any kind of reasonable effort. The customer service bothered me too. One lady at SWA told me “no one else” had complained about their flight changes. I told her I found that incredibly hard to believe as it considerably increased our travel time. I’d imagine as their flights get closer more and more people will see what happened and call in. SWA claims it only impacted about 5% of flights but who knows?

3 Likes

I will die twice if they mess this up!
I actually switched our flights from nonstop to a changing planes flight in order to fly out later. If they bump it up I’ll cry.

5 Likes

American changed our flights going and coming. Going I didn’t mind, they moved it a couple of hours earlier. It means my husband won’t get in a full day of work, but oh well. On the way back they moved it up a couple of hours. I called and got it changed back to a later flight. Don’t mess with my last day of park time!!!

2 Likes

Oooooo! I didn’t know I could fuss at them!

1 Like

Absolutely can make a call and ask. I called Frontier who had cancelled our 2:30pm flight and moved us back to 5ish. They moved us up to the 9:30am flight instead with absolutely no change to price and it just took a few minutes. We basically get another whole day at Disney. WooHoo!

2 Likes

The original flight we were taking from MCO was cancelled, but they scheduled another one near the same time. That was a couple of weeks after they changed my original flight. So keep looking and if a flight similar to your original one is there, request the change.

1 Like

American has always notified me. I do pay for Main Cabin with paid seats since I have young kids and they moved us to the back by the bathrooms. I called and complained since we paid extra and they moved us back towards the front. Definitely make a phone call and check those seats too if applicable!

1 Like

I am on the phone with them now waiting for them to come on the line!

ETA: Got it fixed! We now leave at 930AM instead of 7AM which will be nice to get a couple hours extra of sleep!

5 Likes

They fixed it! I am really thankful. I had no desire to get up at 3AM to get around for a 7AM flight. We now leave at 930AM and get in in the early afternoon. Just a bit more relaxing.

7 Likes