Cheap themed gifts to announce a trip?

I am taking my DDs to WDW in November for their Christmas gift this year.
For months my plan has been to have a random Saturday or Sunday morning be “Christmas” morning and give them their gifts early.

But we over spent big time on our recent vacation and our taxes are due, so buying something just to buy it isn’t a great idea.

I have shirts being made by my friend’s sister, but they are taking a while to get completed.

I’d love to buy ears on Etsy, but even the “cheaper” ones would add up to a bit.

Who has some ideas? What can I wrap up for them to open and see they are going to WDW.

My FPP day is Friday the 13th… (great, huh?) LOL.

1 Like

Plane/car snack bags?? I got Mickey themed snacks at super market as part of my kids gift.

2 Likes

What about Magic Bands?

2 Likes

Salads. Give them nothing but salads.:smirk:

5 Likes

magic band decals. you can design your own and they are quite reasonable on Magic Your bands

4 Likes

It’s too bad Disney Dollars aren’t around anymore.

I like the practical gift ideas - maybe some magazines for the flight. Could you get the T-shirts made in time?

I feel like they’re going to be so happy with the trip that opening something won’t actually matter - don’t stress it :grinning:

2 Likes

Its a lucky day!! (Day my son was born, lol)

2 Likes

Have u kept any of the old park maps? That would be cool. Or maybe make a poster board, put images of mickey and minnie and the DD’s, the sign could say "(insert ur name here)'s getting us some new Disney World Guests! (Insert date here). Like those signs about a new sibling kinda thing.

1 Like

This would be cool, especially since it will be the first time on a plane for two of them, and the other two were 1 and 3 their only other flights! Flying will be a big deal them.

I think I want to tell them sooner than those would actually come. I’m hoping they enjoy the “looking forward to the trip” period for 8 weeks or so. When do band get shipped?

What do you know about salads?:hugs:

I just looked these up on Pinterest. I love them. I think I will wait til they can pick some stuff themselves, though. Have you made any yourself?

YES! I remember getting these for nieces before their trip twenty years ago!

Such a good point!!! They won’t actually care much about the item. I’m just so uncreative.

No. I don’t have any. I did until a few weeks ago when I cleaned out a bag. Though - those may have been DLR now that I think of it.

UGH.
I really wish I’d bought ears when I felt more spendy. LOL

2 Likes

I know you like to push them on people. So live your dream!! :grinning::rofl:

2 Likes

That doesn’t even make sense.
But we are having them for dinner.
I suppose I could arrange olives as a hidden Mickey, but that doesn’t seem very festive.

3 Likes

You could do a scavenger hunt, with clues, at the end they could read a sign that says, mickey loves minnie and tigger loves pooh, ur presents a trip, and guess where to.

5 Likes

I love salads, lol!

1 Like

Think u could get Disney to mail u some? I think the trip is enough of a present. Dont stress on getting them material things. Making a memory of the moment is awesome. Thats the things kids take with them in their memory. My adult kids talk all the time about things thats happened, memories, not things theyve received.

3 Likes

Either way they’ll be disappointed. I mean…it’s salad.

My kids always asked if we were having salad before dinner. And made such big bowls, they didnt have room for much else., little protein. Children nowadays dont get enough veggies in their diet and are suffering the consequences. Not being a preacher, lol, just saying. I support salad.

1 Like

My kids love salads. We usually have something grilled with it.
That said, I’m leaning towards not lovingly placing bowls of salad around the tree, with or without hidden Mickeys. But if I do, I’ll take a video.

I should hit up the Dollar Tree. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that earlier. I bet they have something Disney there.

3 Likes

This is a t-shirt waiting to happen.

2 Likes

I did make some myself and they turned out well

1 Like

I’m very practical. When we announced our first trip to WDW, I put park maps a friend had picked up for me, pressed penny, holders, Disney gift cards with a small amount of spending money, and autograph albums in a box. On top of that, I placed a printed map marking the route from MCO to Pop Century. I wrapped up the gift and placed it on the dining table before breakfast. I told the kids they could open it when Daddy came home from work that evening.

3 Likes